Chapter 18

MELANIE

Going back and forth in his bathroom, I kept biting on my nails, shouting at him if I had to—his yelling and continuous knocking was driving my insane and I couldn't think clearly. "How did I... How did I not know I was starting today?" I mutter under my breath.

Ruffling my hair, I immediately tuck the strands behind my ear as I begin looking around the bathroom for a tampon. Searching every corner; behind the mirror, the brushes, the bath tub, I suddenly stop realising how stupid I am. I shook my head, almost slapping myself hard when I remember this was a guy's bathroom. I sigh, as though I was tired and fall my butt to the floor, wishing I was at a ladies bathroom instead, at least she'd understand and hand me a spare tampon or pad.

"Melanie! Melanie open the door!" I hear his shouts through the door, his voice growing furious. Does he really think I'm enjoying sitting in the floor of his bathroom? Hell, I  want to get out of here.

"How many times would I be this careless?" I said in a whisper, biting down on my nails.

A few minutes of sitting down on the floor, not making a move, the noise from the other side of the door die down. Surprisingly there wasn't any more knocking, everywhere was now quiet. "Did he leave already?" I muttered using my hands to support myself as I get up from the floor.

Finger combing my hair, I soon grab the door knob. Opening the door a crack, I slowly shoot my head out. Seeing him seated patiently, I open the door wider. Wondering on how to call him, I soon figure it out and clear my throat and with that, he looks up at me, well it was pretty much of a glare.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Don't you know there's a party this..."

Suddenly laughing, I cut him off, "Please, you don't even know her house." I blurted out but he didn't laugh a bit, his face was very straight—Tough crowd.

Sighing loudly, be stands up from the bed, "You know what, I'm out." He grabs his phone from the bed and begins heading to the door.

"Wait!" I shouted and he turns around. "Where... Where are you going?" I ask, like I didn't know where."

He shrugs, "Anywhere but here." He replies giving out a smile that only lasted for a few seconds."

Biting down on my bottom lip, my legs shuffled clumsily. I couldn't let him leave, he's the only one who could get me a tampon. I bit down on my lip even more feeling a taste of blood as I saw myself unable to ask. My feet tapping on the floor, I couldn't stop picking at my nails, this is so embarrassing. Why me!

"Wait!" I shouted, just as he was about to open the door. He snaps his head to me, his gaze so serious, I slowly look away to avoid it.

"What now?" He groans, clearly he was tired of me.

Knowing looking away from him won't get me my tampon, I gather all my courage and shift my gaze to him. "I... I need something." I manage to say. Can I do it? This is way harder than I thought it would be.

He gave out a sigh, "You can have the bed," he begins pointing towards them, "the bathroom—since you already seem stuck to it. And you can have whatever you want in this room but make sure you're gone before I'm back."

"You know you won't be back till early tomorrow mor..." I almost trailed off but I stop myself. It's be nice seeing the look on all of their faces tomorrow. Having a party on school day is the worst thing ever.

"What I meant to say was," the word is just at the tip of my tongue. "I...I..." I blink my eyes rapidly before clenching them shut. "I need a tampon! I need tampon!" I shouted at the top of my voice. With my eyes still shut close, I hear nothing, in fact everywhere was quiet. Opening my eyes slightly, I see him standing there, opening it wider, he didn't even seem to care one bit. "Didn't you just hear me?" I ask wide eyed, hoping not to repeat myself again.