Chapter 17

I hear the door slide open. I turn around to see who it is.

  "Cato." I say.

  "Uhh...Hey." He says.

  "Why are you here?" I ask.

  "Why not? I love you Clove."

  "I know Cato, it's just you've been acting different. Ever since you went to see Snow. I know you, you would never just say you love me like that. You're a closed off person, you would never admit it. Your just like me."

  "I don't know what to say."

  "Well I do, Cato don't talk to me again." I say.

  "What why?"

  "We're getting through this tour then you and me. We go our different ways." I said.

  "But Clove. Come on, I know things are complicated but please." He said.

  "No get out Cato I'm done."

  "Fine." He says.

  He walks out of the room leaving me alone. It killed me to say that to him but it had to be done. He brings out all my emotions and I cant have people dying because of me. Ill stick to the cards and get home.

  We go to District 11 then 10 and so on. I read off the cards and Cato and I are basically strangers. We get to District 4, Finnick's home.

  I walk onto stage I see his family. Everyone is staring at me with angered looks.

  When its my turn to talk, a girl from the crowd start coming towards the stage.

  "YOU! You killed him! You killed the only hope in my life!" She yells at me.

  I look shocked and afraid.

  I try to ignore her but she keeps getting closer. The peacekeepers grab her by the arms and pull her away. I think its Annie Cresta, Finnick's girlfriend. She fights the peacekeepers and runs straight at me. I back away and they try to grab her but she dodges them. She jumps onto the stage and charges at me. I didn't know what to do. So as she tried to hit me I grab her arms and fight her to the ground. She hits me in the face right before the peacekeepers grab her and take her away from me.

  I slowly stand up looking embarrassed. I just go back to the train and Cato follows.

  "Clove are you alright?" Fiona asks.

  "Yeah I'm fine." I say rudely.

  We go to districts 3 then 1. And finally we get back home. I cant wait to see my parents. We step onto the stage.

  "Our District 2 victors Cato and Clove!"

  Cato and I walk to the front of the stage and grab hands and raise them. The crowd cheers and screams. Then we have our speeches. I start to walk towards the mic.

  Then suddenly I feel someone grab my arms. I try to look behind and see who but they wrap their hands around my neck. Everyone is gasping.

  "CATO STOP!" I hear Enobaria yell.

  Its Cato, what is he doing. I grab on of his arms and try to pull it away. I hear Enobaria and Brutus getting closer.

  "Ill snap her neck if you come any closer." I hear Cato say.

  "Cato why are you doing this." I ask worriedly.

  "Because you're a threat to everyone."

  "What? What do you mean?!"