Chapter 9

I turn around and Cato is still fighting Johanna. I look at the cornucopia, I saw some blonde hair. I run over to it, and start looking around, knife in hand.

  "Come out and play Lover Boy." I yell.

  I keep looking, I hear a small noise to the right of me. I walk over to it, I see Peeta hiding behind a big box.

  "There you are, ready to die? Do you wanna kiss Katniss one more time?"

  I get my knife ready and something grabs my arm from behind.

  "Finnick." I whisper frightened.

  He grabs my other arm and take my knife out of my hand. Then holds the knife by my neck and I cant move or I'll die. Finnick turns around and faces Cato.

  "You wanna watch her die?" He yells at Cato.

  Cato turns around and shoves Johanna into the water. He starts to walk over to me with his sword.

  "One more step and she's dead."

  Cato stops.

  "Let her go!'' Cato yells.

  "Now why should I do that? It's the Hunger Games."

  "She's only 15, too young to die."

  I try to pull his arm away from my neck but he's too strong. I start to shed a tear.

  "You know I can tell you two care about each other, I guess Katniss and Peeta aren't the only ones." Finnick says to tease us.

  I can see Johanna climbing out of the water behind Cato.

  "CATO BEHIND YOU!" I scream.

  He turns around and Johanna plunges her axe down but Cato blocks it with his sword.

  ''Finnick just finish her off!" Johanna says.

He doesn't reply, if he really wanted to kill me he would have done it already.

  "Please." I say to Finnick hoping he'll be sympathetic.

  Finnick just ignores me and holds tighter around my neck. It gets really hard to breathe.

  "I just wanna go home, please Finnick."

  "You kill Johanna and I'll end Clove." Finnick yells.

  Cato has a choice, save me and risk both our lives or kill Johanna, and I end up dead.

  "Please Cato! I'm not ready to die." I say barley breathing.

  Cato has his sword blocking Johanna from killing him. He looks at her then at me. Suddenly he knocks Johanna's axe out of her arms and walks towards me. Finnick throws me down and I get away as fast as I can. He drew a bit of blood on my neck but not much.
  As I look back, Cato attacks Finnick and they start to fight. Johanna picks up her axe and joins in. Finnick tries to stab Cato in the gut with his trident but he misses and stabs Cato's leg. I could tell that hurt, there is no way Cato is winning this fight. I decide to run and jump onto Finnick's back. He falls to the ground and I pull out a knife and stab his arm. He keeps moving I was going for the neck. Finnick throws me off and tries to get away but there's no way I'm letting that happen. I throw my knife and it hits him in the back and he falls down. I hear a canon go off.

  "FINNICK!" Johanna screams as she is fighting Cato.

  His death threw her off and Cato got a clear shot at Johanna. He drives his sword through her stomach. I hear another canon. Johanna is dead.

  "Well that was a lot." Cato says.

  I laugh and run into his arms. I hug him and he hugs back.

  "We're alive! Now we just have Katniss and Peeta and I think one more." I say happily.

Suddenly I fall to the ground. Finnick must have cut my leg when he dropped me.

"Cato I need medicine." I tell him.

He thinks for a second.

He leans in and whispers to me.

"Look me in the face, tell me that you love me even if it's fake."

I get what he is saying.

"I love you." I say as I lean in to kiss.

He kisses back and I hear a sponsor. He goes to grab it and opens it.

"Medicine!" He says.

He gives me the medicine and I rub it on the cut.

I stand up and it still hurts but feels better.

  I ran over to where I saw Peeta but he must have disappeared while we were distracted.

  "Let go look for lover boy." I tell Cato.

  "Okay lead the way."

  I lead us into the woods, we start look around but find nothing. It starts getting dark, we were too far from the cornucopia to get back before it gets too dark. So we decide to camp out where we were. We make a small fire and wait a bit. I hear the Panem Anthem, I look up and see who died today.
  Glimmer and Gloss, District 3, Finnick and Mags, Johanna, District 10, and District 11. That means its us and 12. We're more lethal than 12.

  "In the morning we search for 12." Cato says.

  "When we find them, let me at Katniss." I say.

  "Make it hurt."

  "Oh I will, I promise."

  "Good now you get sleep I'll keep watch."

  "I don't want you to not get any sleep."

  "Don't worry Clove, when we win ill get plenty of sleep."

  "Um okay." I say as I'm lying next to Cato.

  I fall asleep in Cato's arms.

"Clove wake up."

I open my eyes and see Cato looking down at me.

"I'm up okay."

I get up and we go looking for 12.

As we're walking I hear something.

"Cato stop."

"What?"

I put my hand against his mouth to make him shut up.

I walk around our area and listen for movement. I look around in bushes and behind trees. No one, then I look up. I see Katniss and Peeta up on the tree. I smile.

"CATO! OVER HERE!"

He runs over to me asking what happened. I point up.

"Look up."

  "Hey girl on fire! Wanna come down here and we'll make your death quick?" Cato yells at Katniss.

  "I'm good thanks for the offer." Katniss yells back.

  I grab one of my knives and aim it at her. I throw the knife but she moves and it hit a tree branch over to her right. She pulls the knife out of the tree and waves it above us.

  "For a girl who never misses, I think I'd call that a miss." Katniss says to provoke me.

  "Yeah lets see you throw it."

  "I'm not gonna let you trick me into wasting my only weapon on you." She says.

  "Well excuse me for not believing you only have the knife I threw at you."