Chapter 11

"I though you loved me but I guess it was all fake." I yelled at him.

  "Did you love me?" He asked.

  "Maybe. Maybe I've always had a crush on you but clearly you don't, you just like to torture me."

  "Clove I-" He says and holds down his sword.

  This is my chance, his guard is down. I run to him pretending I'm going to hug him. As I get close I hold my knife low so he cant see. When I put my arms around him I stab him in the stomach. He falls to his knees.

  "Clove?" He says as he falls to the ground.

  "I'm sorry, I truly loved you but now I hate you." I say as I cry.

  I hear a canon go off he's dead.

  The booming voice of Claudius Templesmith yells.

  "The victor of the 75th Hunger Games and 3rd quarter quell! Clove Kentwell!"

  I did it. I won.

  Last thing I remember was that I fainted from the pain.

  When I get back to the Capitol I wake up in the hospital.

  "How long was I out for?" I ask.

"5 hours." Enobaria replies.

  "That's not the only news." She says a bit scared to tell me.

  "Come on tell me? What is it." I ask.

  "Well...um, Cato isn't dead." She says slowly and hesitant.

  "WHAT!" I scream.

  "You kind of um... stabbed him in the wrong place to kill him. You stabbed the side of his stomach and just knocked him out for a while. He stopped breathing long enough for them to call him dead. But once they got him back to the Capitol they heard breathing and took him to the hospital. Also he may or may not be on the other side of the room." She explain to me

  "Wait no this can't be! I don't know weather to feel happy or sad... or scared." I say quietly.

  "I heard that." A voice from the other side of the room says.

  I motion for Enobaria to come closer.

  "He's going to kill me!" I whisper as quiet as I can.

  "I would lie and say no but... It's possible." She says a bit concerned.

  "Wow thanks for the encouragement. Very helpful." I say annoyed and sarcastically.

  "Just get me out of here." I whisper at her.

  "Ok ok."

  She helps me up but my leg is in searing pain. I eventually get up with help of Enobaria. She lets me hold onto her arm to walk. As we get out we have to wait for the hall to be clear, if the doctors see me they will make me stay in the hospital till i'm fully recovered.

  We quickly get out and on the elevator.

  "That was close, my leg hurts so bad."

  "That's why you need to be in the hospital but no, Enobaria get me out Cato's going to kill me." She says and mocks me.

  "Whatever." I say.

  Now he know that I lied to his face just to get close and kill him. He'll want revenge, unless I kill him for real first.

  We make it back to my apartment. She walks me over to the couch for me to rest. I can't stop thinking about Cato. But Enobaria told me to go to sleep so I'll heal faster.

  I slowly open my eyes to see something in front of me.

  "What? Who?" I ask feeling sleepy.

  "I hope you didn't forget me. You know the guy you pretended to love and then stabbed me in the back. Literally."

  When I realized who it is I quickly try to get up but my leg wouldn't let me stand. I fell to the ground and watched Cato get closer. I scooted backwards as fast as I could but he kept coming. I went so far and my back hit a wall. I'm trapped with no where to go.

  "Ca..ato.. Please don't hurt me."

His eyes look different no love no emotion only rage and anger.

  "Now why should I do that? You tried to killed me and almost succeeded but your idiot brain didn't stab me in the right place." Cato says.

  "Be..cause you, um you.. Love me."

  "You sure about that? How could I love someone who just tried to kill me?"

  "Well...You see...About that i'm sorry?" I say as I shrug.

  "Seriously."

  He grabs me by the shoulders and throws me against the wall. He holds tight around my neck.

  "You think I can forgive you for that?"

  I'm to scared to say anything. He throws me again against the wall.

  "PLEASE CATO STOP!" I scream hoping someone will hear.

"I can't believe you, we were supposed to make it out together, dead or alive and you would have broken that!"

"It doesn't matter anymore! We're both alive and out of the arena!"

"Well, you might not make it out of the Capitol alive." Cato says threatening.

"NO STOP! Cato your not gonna kill me!"

"And what's stopping me?!"

"You don't have the gut! I know you love me, you would never kill me."

"How are you so sure!" He says as he chokes me.

A door opens Enobaria wakes in.

"CATO GET YOUR HANDS OFF HER NOW!" Enobaria yells at him.

"SHE TRIED TO KILL ME!"

"Cato you know I can take you! LET GO!"

He looks at me and let's go.

"Good. Now get out!" Enobaria says.

He is very angry and slams the door on the way out. I start to catch my breath.

"You okay?" She asks me.

"Yeah I'm fine, now."

She comes over to me and hugs me.

"You and Cato have your victors interviews."

"WHAT! Why should he get an interview?! He didn't technically win."

"He made it out alive and that's all that matters."

I don't like this but I guess I have to do it no matter what. She tells me to go to my stylist and they will fix me up. I just realize I still have the cuts on my arm that Cato carved on my forearm.
  That's embarrassing, and my leg still hurts so this will be so fun.