Chapter 4

The chariots start to move. We are in the dark for a solid couple minutes. Then I start seeing the light. The crowd is so loud, so try to drown out the noise. We look at them and wave. The road is a bit bumpy and I almost fall out but Cato catches me. As we head around the circle and stop I look behind me and I see something. It looks like fire. The crowd is cheering so loud like I've never heard before.
It looks like District 12. How could they top us? Its not fair. That will for sure impress the sponsors. I think they had fire last year. She was like ''The Girl on Fire" my stylist sucks compare to theirs. Once we all stop in front of President Snow, he gives a speech about the games and how the odd are in our favor. I don't know who he's fooling with that but the odds are most definitely not in my favor.
He finished his speech and we rode back to the chariot room. When we got off I started to take off my helmet. Then District 12 walked past us and I just couldn't. I turned away I saw Cato giving them a disgusted look. I could tell he couldn't stand them either. Our escort takes us to our apartment.
We are on floor 2 since we are district 2. When we walk inside, I go to my room and take off my costume. I take our my hair and get undressed. We still have dinner so I get ready for dinner. I meet up with Enobaria and Cato at the dinner table. There is so much food I can't even begin where to start.

"Let's talk statagy." Enobaria says.

"This won't be like any other games. You will be fighting with lethal killers. You'll want to make allies with 1 and 4." Enobaria says.

She shows us a tv of the tributes.

"District 1, Glimmer and Gloss. Glimmer won her games basically letting her allies do all the work then sneak attacking the last tribute.Gloss, he won his games by killing his way through."

"District 4, Finnick Odair he is best combat in water. He is pretty good at fighting. His district partner Mags, volunteered for this girl Annie Cresta. She was Finnick's mentor and may be his weak spot. Finnick won't leave Mag's side."

"District 7, Johanna Mason she won the games by seeming weak but in the end she is a killing machine. Her preferred weapon is axe throwing."

"District 12, Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Melark Katniss is pretty good with the bow and arrow, Peeta is good at the survival part not with combat, they are in love so that's their weak spot. They won by trying to commit a double suicide but the game makers stopped it and they both won."

After she explained all that we went to bed.

In the morning we had training. Our escort took us to the training room. The grouped us all together and explained some rules. Like no fighting with other tributes before the games. Once they finished we were set off to train on our own. Cato and I went to talk with district 1 first about becoming allies. They agreed, now we got to see about district 4. We went up to Finnick and Mags his partner.
They didn't agree to be allies. So we went and trained. Cato was slicing the targets with his sword. I saw Glimmer shoot the bows and arrows. She wasn't very good, she didn't even hit the center. I think she saw me look at her, she gave me an arrogant look. Did she really think she was that good?
I went over to the knives and I took three. I could see Glimmer in the corner of my eye, she was watching. I threw the first knife it hit right in the middle, then the second. Now the last one, I wanted to show off so I did a turn and threw it straight at the center of the target. I looked at Glimmer, I think I just got her respect.
Cato and the rest of the careers we standing over too the side. I went over to them, they were watching the district 12 boy. He tried to climb the ropes. He got high but he fell. We laughed, I knew we were the best.
That girl Katniss, she went over to her district partner. She whispered something to him. He got up and walked over to the weights. He picked up the heaviest one, then he through it over his shoulder and it flew. The weight hit the spear rack and the spears fell to the ground. I looked impressed. We diversified back to training.
While I was throwing knives everyone went to watch something. I wasn't sure what it was but I went and looked. Katniss was shooting arrows in one of those box things with fake moving targets. She impressed everyone, now they all want to be her ally. I knew I had to do something to stand out. So I stepped in the same box when she was finished. I set it to the most difficult level. I had all my knives ready.
The first target came at me from behind, I turned quick and hit it right in the heart. Suddenly I saw a fake arrow heading at me from above, I turned sideways and threw the knife at its head. One came running past me, I hit it in the back. Then three came running in all different directions, one from behind, one from the front and one up above me from the side. I threw three knives and hit them all in the chest.
Then it ended. I look over at the window and everyone was watching like with Katniss. They looked more impressed with me then Katniss. I saw Cato looking proud of me. I walked out and everyone went back to training.
   I was pretty confident after that. I knew I was one of the best. I decided I would try some survival skills. I tried to light a fire but failed. I looked up and saw Katniss.

  "Try spinning the wood like this." She said then showed me what she meant.

  "Oh, thanks." I say just to be nice.

  She smiles, so I smile back. Ugh that's unbearable. I don't need to be shown up again by Katniss Everdeen. I'm going to kill her.

Don't forget to vote and comment! I don't know if i'm moving to fast in the story but please let me know.