Chapter 12

When I get to my stylist I see Cato, he is already wearing his tux. I look at him and roll my eyes. Then I go put on what my stylist gave me. I look in the mirror, its perfect. My dress is long and black. It has a pretty design on the front and it is much better than my first one. It was two straps on each shoulder and it has no sleeves. I loved it.

  When I walk out they do my makeup and hair. They curl my hair and let it be lose and flow down to my back. I go over behind the stage with Cato. I stay away from him so he cant hurt me.

  "Welcome to the stage our victors Clove and Cato from District 2!"

  We walk out and have to sit next to each other.

  "Now Clove how does it feel knowing your partner Cato made it out alive?" Caesar asks.

  "I wish he had stayed dead." I reply.

  "Oh okay, now um Cato how do you feel knowing Clove tried to kill you?"

  "Not great, she's a manipulator and a liar." Cato says.

  That gets my blood boiling and I want to rage but I have to make an appearance for the citizens. So I smiled and was polite.

  "Really now? I'm the manipulator. That's funny because I cant seem to remember a single moment you actually cared about me. I mean assuming it was all fake, as you said in the arena. I'd call that payback but whatever." I respond.

  "I cant believe you actually thought I cared about you. You have to be joking right? No? I pity you." Cato says.

  "Okay, now moving on. Cato what was your reason to carve your name into Clove's arm?" Caesar asks.

  I wish he didn't have to bring that up, its so embarrassing.

  "Well, I wanted her to know that I'm the alpha. That I have all the power over her."

  "And Clove what do you think of Cato's statement?" Caesar asks as he tries to look at my arms.

  "I think It's nice you know. To have a remembrance of him before he DIES." I say as I stand up.

  "Ooh Clove lets not hurt anyone." Caesar says awkwardly.

  "Really, why cant we just finish this right here. I mean its supposed to be only one victor right?" I say angerly.

  Cato stand up and looks down at me.

  "Bring it." He says.

  "Well we would love to see this but we cant have you two killing each other." Caesar says as the peacekeepers come to drag us off stage before we make a scene.

  "LET ME AT HIM!" I scream as I'm fighting the peacekeepers grip.

  I feel a syringe in my neck and I start to feel sleepy. I slowly lose consciousness.

  I wake up in the apartment on the couch. I sit up and see Enobaria.

  "Wh-what happened? Why am I in the apartment?"

  "The peacekeepers drugged you, because you were going crazy out there."

  "Well excuse me for trying to kill Cato." I say rolling my eyes.

  "Sorry I don't want to die." I hear behind me.

  I turn around and see Cato.

  "I hate you." I scowl at him.

  "Don't worry I know." He replies.

  "Does he have to be here?" I ask.

  "He lives here Clove." Enobaria says.

  "Whatever I'm going to my room. And Cato, if you come inside, you know how vicious I can be." I say as I'm walking to my room.

  "Oh yeah very scary. Just like a kitty." He says.

  "Oh shut up." I say and slam the door.

  Cato pov:

  "She's in a mood." I say.

  "Can you really blame her? " Enobaria says.

  "Yes I can. She tried to kill me, why isn't anyone taking this seriously."

  "Maybe because we all know you only say that to ignore your feelings for her. Your only being mean because you like her."

  "I do not!" I say offensively.

  "Sure keep telling yourself that. Just ignore the facts. She's right you know you would never kill her. But I don't know about her, I'd watch your back." Enobaria says and walks to the door.

  ''Yeah yeah I can take her."

  Enobaria walks out of the apartment. Leaving me with Clove, I'm not afarid of her. I'm much bigger and stronger than her.

  Later after giving her a while to cool down. I decide to walk in her room.

  Clove pov:

  I'm laying on my bed then suddenly the door opens. I look over at it.

  ''What." I say annoyed.

  "Just wanted to see if you want to call a truce?" Cato asks.

  "I thought I told you to not come in here. That wasn't an invitation."

  "Just answer the damn question Clove."

  "Hmm...No."

  "And why is that?"

  "Because I don't like you. I have no reason to call a truce."

  "You sure? Because I certainly like you."

  I laugh.

  "Really huh. You like me? As if I'm falling for that." I say.

  "Its true." He says as he walks closer to my bed.

   I move further away from him.

  "Get away."

  "Are you sure you don't like me? I mean you did say you had a crush on me." He says.

  "Sure I did but my feeling changed. Your just like any other boy, selfish, arrogant, and insufferable.

  He sits on my bed and touches my leg that he hurt.

  "Ahh stop! That hurts!"

  He grabs my leg and pulls me in.

  "STOP! It hurts."

  He holds my arm tightly. I try to pull it away but his grip is strong.

  "I'll stop when you admit you have feelings for me."

  "I don't. Stop. This is abuse."

  "Don't expect me to believe that. Come on."

  He grabs my other arm and wont let go.

  I have a knife in the drawer but I need him to release my arm.

  "Let go and I'll say it."

  "Fine."

  He lets go of one of my arms. I reach for the drawer and open it.

  "What are you doing?" He asks.

  I grab the knife and pull him. He falls onto the bed, I get on top and hold the knife to his neck.

  "Leave me alone or I'll kill you."

  "I don't believe that." He says.

  "Really I'll prove it."