Chapter 3

Once we were done onstage, the peacekeepers took us to a room where we had only a few minutes to say goodbyes. My parents came inside and hugged me.

"Clove I love you" my mother said.

"I love you too mother."

I don't have the best relationship with my father. He didn't even say goodbye. When they left I was sent to get on the train.
I walked through the doors to the train, and saw Cato sitting there looking disappointed. His mom left his dad for another man and later his dad died shortly after he won the games. We aren't sure the cause but I think the capitol killed him. He did illegal things and i'm guessing he got caught. I feel bad for him, it must be hard living without parents.

"Cato are you okay?" I ask.

"I'm fine." He says abruptly.

I walk to the other room as the train begins moving. It starts raining. I sit down by the window and stare out. As I get comfortable I feel tired, I start to lay down and slowly fall asleep.

I wake and see Cato looking at me.

"Oh my god Cato! What are you doing!" I say.

"I was about to wake you up, we are almost to the Capitol." He says offensively.

"Oh!" I say a bit embarrassed.

I get up and go brush through my hair before we get off the train. When I finish, I go over to Cato stand next to him.

"Here we are again. I can't wait till this is over and we get to go home." I say trying to break the awkwardness.

He looks at me and rolls his eyes. I don't know what's up with him. He is being so annoying since we stepped foot on the train. I decided to confront him about his attitude.

"Okay that's enough. Why are you being so annoying?!"

He turns away from me. So I grab him by the collar of his shirt and pull him towards me.

"Don't treat me like that. This is not my fault." I say aggressively.

"Let go Clove." He says as he shoves me away.

I fall into the wall and look up at him. He looks angry, i've never seen him like this before. He has always been nice to me. It feels like he doesn't want me around.
So I get up and leave the room. I hope he cools down by the time we get to the Capitol. We will need to make a good appearance for the citizens of Panem.
We should be arriving to the Capitol anytime now. I've been waiting for Cato to calm down. But he hasn't come to talk. He has always had a short temper but never stayed mad. He isn't one to hold a grudge. But I don't even know what I did to upset him.
The train is slowing down. I look outside and I see the Capitol. It's enormous and terrifying. It was bad enough the first time around. We come to a stop and I start to walk over to the doors. My mentor Enobaria stops me.

"Come on Clove you have to wait for Cato." She tells me.

"Ugh okay, he has been in a mood this whole train ride." I say feeling annoyed

Suddenly I hear a door open behind me.

"You talking about me huh?" Cato says arrogantly

"Not everything's about you." I say as I roll my eyes playfully.

"Just shut up you two. When we go through the doors you need to act respectful." Enobaria says.

"Yeah ok, fine. It's not me you should worry about. It's little hothead over here." Cato says.

"Really!" I scoff.

We get off the train.

As we walk through the crowds, we wave but don't smile. I can see District 1, a blonde haired girl and a brown haired boy. The girl looks like she has never trained in her life. What an easy kill. The boy looks strong and enormous, not like Cato but he might be useful. District 4 Finnick Odair, and Mags. Finnick won his games at 14 same as I did. We're the youngest ever to have won the games.
  Once we reach the training center, we were taken to our stylist. They made me take a shower. When I was finished, my stylist took me to a room where she did my hair and makeup. Then she took my to take my measurements. I had to take off my clothes for this part. I felt uncomfortable but apparently it's "normal" but whatever.
That took a couple of hours. She finished and told me to put my outfit on. Our district represents masonry. The head piece had gold scales and it was more like a helmet than a hat. My outfit is also golden to match the helmet. It reminds me of a greek god. It has golden metal feathers. Also has golden wings on the helmet, it's kinda heavy but I like it.
When I put it on I went to meet up with Cato. I walked over by him and they made sure the costume fit. He also had a helmet like thing but his didn't cover his head . It was like a headband. It still has wings like mine.
    They finished making small changes and we went to the room where the chariots are. I see that District 1 (luxury) they were wearing pink fur and the girl had a huge headpiece. Our stylist told us to not smile but to seem focused and polite. Enobaria helped us up into the chariot. Once we were on the ride, we had to wait for everyone else to get ready. We would be second out since our district is number 2. Behind district 1.
I could hear the crowds screaming and excited to see this years tributes. I looked behind us and saw Finnick Odair from District 4, talking to District 12. The ones who won last years Hunger Games. They basically won with luck, their not that lethal. They can't be right?

Don't forget to vote and comment. Please let me know if you liked this.