Chapter 6

He turns around.

"I honestly don't know what I feel. You have been a great friend to me. I don't want to ruin that. Unless."

  "Unless what?" I ask.

"Its nothing." He says and walks off to his room.

  What did he mean by unless? I shouldn't worry about it right? Because tomorrow we go into the arena. I need to get some sleep so I'm rested before the arena.

  In the morning we go to a plane. It will take us to the arena. I have to sit next to Katniss, Cato is on the other side of the plane next to Glimmer. I look over at him and he smiles. I turn my head away and smile.
  Someone comes around and sticks a needle in our arms. They are putting our trackers in so they will know where we are in the arena.
  The plane starts to take off. I always hated the plane, like why launch yourself in a heavy metal ball in the air. Whatever, I just keep thinking if I go down they all do, to take my mind off the plane. Finally we start to land, when we get off we head to our own individual rooms, underground.

  I walk inside and see Enobaria.

  "Well you'd think by the second time I'd have this thing down right?" I say with a small laugh.

  "Don't worry Clove, you can win this, your one of the best tributes out there."

  "Your right, I shouldn't be nervous. I guess I'm afraid that one of us wont make it back."

  "You mean you and Cato?"

  "Yeah, I don't want to have to kill him and I don't want him to kill me."

  "I bet you'll find a way to both make it out alive. I'll help you all I can but its mostly up to you."

  "Thanks E. I love you."

  "I love you too Clove."

  She's like the older sister I never had. Enobaria's been there for me when no one has. Us careers look like we don't have feelings but in reality, we're just as fragile as anyone else. Just broken.

  I start to walk into the tube that lifts me into the arena. I turn around to say one last goodbye. Then I step inside. It lifts me up slowly, its pretty dark for a second then I start seeing light.
  Its so bright, I see the other tributes. I look around for Cato, he's over pretty far away to my left. I try to spot Katniss so I can kill her. I see her over too my left, she's also looking around. Probably for her district partner.

  10

  9

  8

  7

  They start counting down, I get in my zone and try to get used to my surroundings. I'm around a pool of water, I don't know if its faster to swim or run on the bridge.

  6

  5

  Five seconds left.

  4

  3

  Three seconds.

  2

  1

  The loud boom goes off and I make a last minute decision run on the bridge. I cant swim that well, I'd be much slower getting to the cornucopia.

  Once I reach the center, I look left and right to make sure no one comes up from any side. I grab about 4 knives before heading into the fights. I hear a canon someone died. I try to spot Cato and district 1. Glimmer is stabbing someone to death with a dagger. Gloss fighting two people at once, I throw a knife and kill one of those people. I quickly look behind me I hear something.
  I turn around and see Katniss trying to grab a bow. I throw my knife at her and it slices her ankle. She grabs the bow quickly and tries to run from me. She is slightly limping so I gave her a disadvantage. I run after her, as she is on the thin bridge I throw another and she dodges it, but she falls into the water. This gives me a chance to kill her. I try to watch where she is swimming. I cant get a good aim at her, she's a good swimmer. I lose sight of her and I head back to the cornucopia. At least I injured her.
  As I run back everyone is almost dead or they ran away. Once I reach the cornucopia I grab a lot more knives. I slide them all in my jacket and some on my belt. These should last me this whole game, my aim is always perfect.
I see Cato with blood all over his hands. He must have killed a bunch of people. We regroup on one side of the cornucopia. I can see another alliance on the other side. I think its district 4 and 7. I grab my knife and aim it at them while they aren't looking. I let go and it hits the boy from 7 in the heart. I hear his canon and they all turn around looking frightened. I give them a smile then drop it. They run away from the center. I scared them off which is good.
I get back into the group. Cato and Gloss seem to be talking about strategies. Just because they are boys doesn't mean they are the leaders. I stay back because I don't want any trouble, yet.
Cato decides to go looking for tributes to kill. We agree so we head into the forest around the water. Once we walk deep into the forest we hear a loud scream. I heard an explosion. Maybe someone set off a bomb or trap. As we are walking towards the sound, Cato is slashing the vines with his sword.We end up finding nothing, they must have moved on somewhere else or died, but I didn't hear any canons so they must have survived and ran away before we could find them. I looked around and I saw some blood on the ground. Fresh blood, someone must have gotten hurt.

  Don't forget to vote and comment! This is only my second wattpad.