Chapter 5- Slithery Hoes x2 (TC pt. 2)

"I don't even know how you took the spot from Himari. She's better than you'll ever be."

Those words rang in my ears as I locked gazes with non other than Kimura's best friend.

Rin Uchida.

Other than Kimura, Rin would constantly pick at me and make remarks about how I didn't deserve to have Kimura's position as ace.

Although Kimura always called us best friends back at Nekoma the more her hatred had grown towards me she had gotten close to Rin.

Those two were almost inseparable, Rin having Kimura's back at all times.

My eyes widen even more as I stare at the girls jacket reading the words "captain" displayed.

That was yet another reason why the girl dispised me. She knew of how close I was to captain when at Nekoma and was furiated at the thought that I might steal her chance at being captain.

"Naka-San hellooo????" Hands clasp my shoulders shaking me back and forth to which I averted my attention back to the owl haired boy who was eyeing me warily.

"Oh sorry Bokuto-San I just got distracted!" You smile widely at the boy but couldn't help but notice three pairs of eyes not believing your bull.

Those being from Kuroo, Iwaizumi and now Kenma who was beside his captain.

But before any of the three could question it a voice boomed in the gym signalling all players to come.

I hadn't even noticed that all teams from both the boys and girls were inside the facility as I was too distracted with the pair of brown eyes that were still glaring at me.

I tried my best at furthering my distance as best as possible from Rin moving towards the rest of my team who were conversing with each other.

"You alright?" Sakura eyes me concerningly to which I only nodded in response.

"Alright boys and girls welcome to the week long training camp," Coach Ukai yelled as everyone circled around him and the other coaches.

"So your coaches have probably told you the basics of this camp which are to face other teams in scrimmages and also learn new skills along the way."

"But we decided to add a twist this year to really connect the volleyball community. On top of drills and games you'll be getting to know other players from different teams by doing volleyball based bonding exercises."

"You will also be rooming with players from different teams that we have randomly chosen, the same gender of course," Coach continues receiving a small groan from Tanaka and Noya of course.

Welp everything with trying to avoid Rin.

"Now that everything has been told I will post the rooming list on the wall behind me and you will all get the rest of the day to unpack, rest and meet new people," He ends off turning around the post the few sheets of paper before stepping aside for those to look.

I was honestly so scared to look at the list as there was a good chance that I would be rooming with a player from Nekoma.

"Hey Ren we're rooming together!" The voice of Akari brought me back from my thoughts as I glanced in her direction to see her smiling warmly  till it suddenly disappeared.

"What is it? What's wrong?" I ask walking up to her quickly to read the sheet myself my eyes widening.

"That rude bitchy ace from Nohebi," She growls glaring at the paper as her fist clenched.

"And Rin," I mumble as I continued to stare at the name wide eyed.

My words caught Akari's attention her eyebrows raising slightly. "Who is th—"