Chapter 21- Nekoma Pt.1

Himari Kimura.

The girl I would least expect made my life a living hell.

It all started when I let my guard down and became her 'best friend.'

Year 2- Ren's POV

April

"Alright girls this is our new student, Ren Nakamura. Please treat her with respect."

I nervously bow at the group of girls who were all staring at me. "Please take care of me!"

"Wait Nakamura? Is your dad the great ace who plays on Team Japan?" A voice speaks up and I look up to see a girl with beautiful grey eyes.

"Uh yeah he is," I scratch the back of my neck nervously giving a small smile.

"What school did you play for last year?" She takes a step towards me.

"I was actually home schooled last year due to moving around quite a lot with my dad's busy schedule."

She only nods her head in response stretching her arm out in front of me. "Himari Kimura, second year and ace of the team. I think we'll be great friends," The girl smiles.

I look down at her hand my eyes gleaming with excitement as I took it in mine shaking it happily.

May

"Nice kill Ren!" One of my teammates exclaim as I hit a left handed cross shot perfectly on the other side of the net getting through Kimura's block.

Coming to the ground I look at my best friend to see her glare at the ball as she mutters something to herself.

Turning my way she gives one of her signature bright smiles. "That was great Ren! How'd you learn to hit with both hands so powerfully?"

"I learned it from my dad," I happily tell her.

"Ooo maybe I can come over sometime and learn from him too!" Her eyes widen. "Only if it's alright with you of course."

A part of me did not want to say yes because of how hard my father can be on me sometimes and might be the same to Kimura. He has been of lately as well but with the pleading smile she was giving me and not wanting to lose a friend I decide to oblige.

"Of course! You can come tomorrow after school!"

Kimura's grey yes widen even bigger as she pulls me into a tight hug. "Ahh thank you so much! You're the bestest friend ever!"

I couldn't help but smile even more as this was the first time someone had ever said that to me. My first best friend...

June

"Hey Naka-Chan, do you want to come over to Kenma's house, we'll be playing video games?" Kuroo asks as we wait for our teacher to come to class.

"I would but I promised Himari that I would practice volleyball with her and my dad at my house," I sigh tiredly as I run a hand through my brown locks.