Chapter Twenty Nine

Start from the beginning

Soon after, we joined them alongside Michael in the secluded, empty large hall which used to be our previous assembled studio. Aiden closed the door and posted two bouncers on the spot as a matter of both privacy and safety. Dia held a neutral look, her eyes blank as Tony looked anywhere but me.

"Well well well, I should really take a moment to thank you both for taking care of my fiancé, " Aiden spoke with venom laced in his voice as his eyes became dark. The sweet, caring Aiden was replaced by a dangerous man you wouldn't want to cross path with.

"Thanks. I guess," Dia smiled sarcastically, she was fearless. Aiden's dark composure didn't hold any effect on her.

She continued in a mocking manner, her tone danced with fake-care, "Maybe you should've been here for her," She gave a nonchalant shrug with a smirk plastered on her face.

I knew what she was trying to do. She wanted to provoke him. I saw Aiden getting more enraged, but I instantly grabbed his arm to stop him and came forward to talk to my kidnapper.

"Hi, BFF. I'm glad you could attend my most important and precious show. How did it feel seeing me take up all the glam in the industry? If I'm not mistaken, you wanted to set your claws in this position, right?" I spoke in the most bitchy way I could. I was content to see my words had taken an effect on her as she seethed.

"Do you really think this post is available for any ordinary pathetic witch like you?" I spat, placing rocks on my chest to be able to get these harsh words out.

I did not mean a single word I said, especially after knowing everything, but it was a good way to get her start talking.

I had to hit that nerve.

"You really think so high of yourself, huh?" She said with pure disgust on her face, her eyes becoming angrier.

"Of course I do." I chuckled, rolling my eyes and made a turn around her as I continued, "Was the reaction from the audience not proof enough that I'm the best?"

"They were shocked to see you alive. They thought you were dead," She reasoned, trying to deny the fact that I was really successful in what I did.

"Oh, Baby," I spoke sweetly, "This is the reaction I get every time I'm on the ramp. I think you know it well enough," I winked playfully.

She closed her eyes, inhaling sharply.

"I know it very well and you are a bitch. Tony, let's leave." Dia snapped at Tony who stood motionless, looking at his sister. But I knew he would side by her. He always did. And it was Tony's reaction that hurt me a lot in all of this. I had really developed a good friendship with him.

"Not so fast." Nicole came forward and crossed her arms.

"You can't stop me. You have no right to have me here without my consent. I can leave whenever I fucking want to. Let's go, Tony." She went a few steps away walking past us when the door got opened by none other than Henry.

He became pale and his eyes widened, as he looked at Dia who became extremely tensed seeing him. It was as if time had frozen for the two. Tony's composure became rigid as well.

"Lydia." He whispered, his lips visibly quivering.

I saw Dia exhale as she kept her gaze on Henry.

"What are you doing here?" Dia asked accusingly.

"Are you serious?" Henry scoffed. "After all this time you're seeing me, this is what you ask me?" Henry looked hurt.

I knew I should not interrupt their moment but I had to. I could not wait any longer to get all the answers I needed.