Chapter Twenty Four

Lisa's POV

Feeling the cool gust of autumn air on my face, I leaned in towards Gracy, the beautiful brown mare, and closed my eyes as I bounced with the identical rhythm as my carrier did, while she took us deeper in the green spacious pathway in the middle of the woods, filled with huge pine trees. Rays of sunshine kissed my hair and face, signaling the morning gradually taking its course to an early afternoon. I embraced the beauty with pure affection, delicately caressing its neatly furred skin. I would never get enough of her, and having spent only some hours with her, I could proudly call her my best friend.

"You seem to be a really good rider," Tony mused as I narrowed my eyes playfully at him.

"I am," I said proudly as I straightened my back, and picked up the saddle's straps lightly in my hand, conveying my response to him. "You're not so bad yourself."

We got down at the lake, where both Gracy and Beattle, a black beauty which Tony rode, would get refreshed. I marched towards the rocks to sit down, and take a moment for myself. I splashed my face with the cold lake-water and stared at the beautiful horses with sheer admiration. They seemed to be used to the place and most importantly, they seemed happy in their own world.

Tony came and sat down beside me, leaning back against one of the bigger rocks. I turned to him and noticed that he had also washed his face. Wiping my wet face against the sleeves of my hoodie, I asked, "How long have they been staying here?"

"I don't know exactly, to be honest. We purchased the ranch house from an old man this year. He could no longer take care of it, and hence, included the horses too in the sale. I've always been fond of horses ever since I was a child. I can confirm, these two have a really strong bond," He explained.

"They look beautiful together," I glanced at Gracy and Beattle again, they seemed to understand each other in their own language.

My thoughts went to Dia and Tony, how they had this special bond, and really loved each other. I wondered if there was anyone special for me, one who would love me like I was one's whole world or whether there would be someone who would at least share a special kind of understanding with me.

I thought about myself, realizing that there was a deep connection which felt lost in my soul. I suddenly felt alone. I had nothing I was dreaming of having, and I did not know whether I would obtain it someday. I tried to shake the feeling away and tried to concentrate on what was in front of me. I knew I had to hold myself together, or else I would never be able to start my life again.

Realization dawned upon me; I was beginning to find myself as a person again, at least I knew what food I liked, and horse riding and reading were two of my favourite hobbies. I knew I still loved the beach as much as I hated the sunburn.

I was ascertained my heart felt at home in the city. I sensed some sort of guidance, I required full perseverance and the positivity I mustered yesterday when we moved back. I could not fall weak, not when I had the best support system.

"What are you thinking, Bella?" Tony asked slowly.

"Me, myself, and I." I shrugged, not taking my eyes off the lake.

"Solo ride until I die?" He followed in a singing voice.

"Huh?" I pondered, "Oh you mean...Cause I got me for life."

"You remember the song!" Tony exclaimed.

"You were playing it yesterday in the car, duh" I huffed.

I could not help but felt low again as I trained my eyes to the horses while I played with the crocheted pattern on my hoodie.