Chapter Twelve

Lisa's POV

We entered the restaurant, hand in hand.

I had to admit that we did look stunning together. Each passing person glanced at us. I wore a simple makeup tonight. Only the bright red kiss kiss lipstick of Guerlain Paris and some highlight on my cheekbones and my nose was enough for me to add to the outfit I was wearing.

But partly, it was because I could not wait anymore to stuff some good food

But partly, it was because I could not wait anymore to stuff some good food. Aiden tried to convince me to just drop the makeup part but he was damn wrong if he thought I would. He went on telling me I needed no makeup to look good and I began lecturing him that I did not wear makeup because I felt ugly but only because it was something that I loved and it only added a change to my usual look. I believed makeup does complement your look.

We passed by the table where Helen, Samuel and the others were seated, but did not stop. They were all smiling at me like they knew I would have come with Aiden.

"Where are we going? I have to be with my team." I whispered to him but kept on walking.

"I already told them you are going to be with me."

"I never said I am going to be with you." I said in a teasing way, my lips curving to form a smirk.

Aiden stopped in his tracks. He turned to look at me with an unsure expression and relaxed when he looked at my face knowing that I was only messing up with him.

He held my waist, pulling in closer. He leaned against my ear and whispered,
"Will you be my date, Miss Hanston?"

I blushed a scarlet at this. I could feel every person's gaze in the restaurant. I wondered if he often brought around women here, as his dates. But I pushed the thought away. I did not want to spoil my evening. I advised myself to go with the flow and just enjoy the moment.

"Oh I will, Mr Corristor." I said sultrily with a hint of a smile.

He smiled back and kissed me briefly on the corner of my lips. Snaking his arm around my waist, he took me at the back of the restaurant passing through the kitchen where I saw all the equipment and cooks. The place was really hygienic and clean. If I would have had my own hotel, this would be exactly the way I would have liked to operate it. He then led me through a door where we entered a private elevator.

Once the doors of the elevator closed, he pressed the R button which I did not know where it headed.

He looked at me with so much passion that I could feel my limbs trembling under his stare. The desire was becoming overwhelming minutes after minutes.
I never felt such kind of tempting strong craving for someone before.

I was expecting him to kiss me and stop the elevator just like in romance movies and books. But he didn't. Instead, he pulled me closer to him and kissed the side of my head.

A sweet gesture from him which was a rare one.

It appeared unusual for him too to do that. I could tell that he was not used to it. But at the same time, it felt caringly comforting. The elevator was heading up and we were now on the R floor.