Previous Life

Beep....

Beep....

Darkness....

Darkness....

That's all I see

My name is Yin. Just Yin. I'm not an orphan. Quite the opposite, my parents are rich. I have a younger brother, His name is Chen Huo. He is my parents lucky child and I guest I could be called my parents Unlucky child.

Like any other rich people, my parents has successful business and a social upper class friend. My title as unlucky child was not because I was a child born out of wedlock, or bad behavior. But, because I always sick and well, blind. My parents expectations of a good son with domineering talents and Personality was dashed because of that.

So, I got the name Yin, without the family name. I practically lived in a hospital room in my home since I was a child and the only one who visited me is my younger brother. My personality is the opposite of my parents expectations, gentle and kind. I can't bear to really hate my parents, but I feel disappointed sometimes. I want to be loved, and cared for.

Our parents usually go on a business trip, so I always dutifully take care of my brother. I loved my brother so much. He didn't hate me because of my blindness and support me in my hobbies, which is singing and playing music (piano).

Even though I was blind, I tried so hard to learn music and singing, something which my parents deemed useless. The want a son who can inherited their business and become a CEO, a role that suit my younger brother. I always calm myself and be happy for my brother, but sometimes I can't help but feel a sense of disappointment.

This day, my parents is often at home. So, I didn't always have to do chores and cooking. Our house is not really a mansion, but is big. My parents only hired one housekeeper, and that's housekeeper is really lazy. He sometimes didn't do his job, so I was the one who do all the chores and cooking, with my brother helping me.

It was strange, they only come home in Christmas, my younger brother birth day, and new year. Suddenly, they have time going back for a month?

I just accepted what they say about missing us both, which is saying something, because my parents never celebrated my birthday. After that day, I suddenly has getting sicker every day. At first it was just a fever, than nausea, than my head feel dizzy. I tried to cheer up my brother every time he come to my room. Then, I realized that it has something to do with my parents.

I want to scream for help, but you don't know to who I can ask. My brother? But it can get him implicated. My parents is rich, they can have people to do anything to my younger brother. I cried at night, wanting to shout for help, to the police, to someone. But money can make everyone shut their mouth.

So I died, at the age of fifteen. And my world come to an end, in darkness and hope.