Chapter 18

Our teacher blows a whistle and then the front of the huddle starts moving into the bus, Tomas and I are the second to last to go in and the only empty seats are near the back. I go towards the seat realizing too late who else is near the back.

I sit by the window and Tomas next to me, Saint two rows behind us. I don't know if he's made it a priority to avoid me too but he's definitely not making it a priority to talk to me, and even though it makes me mad a little, I'm kinda relieved.

Our math teacher walks in and starts going down the register, I'm the first to go since my last name starts with A "here!" I raise my hand and he nods at me and continue. He gets to Tomas before Saint and hearing someone else say "Malic Salvadore." Sets something off in me.

At this point I regret not taking Nia's offer to kiss him at the dinner party, maybe he would be next to me right now and not with that blonde bitch of his. Tomas sinks in his seat and then puts his head on my shoulder, my stomach goes in a knot form feeling a twinge of jealousy.

But why would I be jealous? Theses are definitely not my emotions, so why am I feeling someone else's?

I let Tomas lean on my shoulder with his arms crossed, his hair tickles my cheeks a little as he moves around before finally settling.

When our teacher finishes the register I take my phone out and turn my data on. The bus starts to move making us move with it.

An hours of me switching to and from Instagram and Pinterest goes by and then the bus finally stops just a notification of my phone being on twenty percent pops up, "Hey," I whisper to Tomas shaking my shoulder "hey we're at the airport."

His eyes open and he looks up at me with red eyes "We're here?" He groans sitting up.

"No-yeah-well, we're at the airport." I watch him lean forward running his hands through his hair, he sits back in his seat going into one of those daze we have every two minutes when we wake up in the morning.

"Okay! Let's make this as easy as possible!" Our teacher stands "We go in, check in, get our tickets then make our way to the waiting area!" Even though it's not an easy process we end up in the waiting area in less then an hour.

Tomas and I go wandering around the airport since we still have time left before taking off, we walk into yet another small gift shop but this one is filled with clothes, hats, jewelry and many more accessories.

I make my way to a sunglasses rack with Tomas close behind me "Thanks for my ticket again," he picks up some blue lensed glasses then puts them on.

"Well I wasn't gonna sit in economy and I didn't want you sitting in economy so-you're welcome." I put on some pink lensed glasses and look up at him then at the small mirror.

"I think you should be my alpha." Tomas adds, he's been non stop trying to convince me to be his alpha for a while now.

"Ask me that one more time and I might just be your alpha so I can kill you and no one would question it!" I snap at him and he doesn't even bother hiding his smile "Plus, I told you, it's a really long process when I'm not an alpha myself."

"I'm just saying, you'd be a great alpha." He tells me.

"I know," I put my pink glasses back and pick up some rose gold ones instead.

"All I have to do is pledge my loyalty to you and all you have to do is pledge that you'll be a good alpha."

"I know how it works Tomas." I roll my eyes.

"Or you could mate an alpha and convince him to let me in his pack." I look up at his comment.

"You want me to convince an alpha with an ego bigger then his head to let you in his pack?"

"Well don't put it like that," he moves away from me going to look at some post cards.

"I'm working on it," he swerves to me making it look like he almost broke his neck "but you didn't hear it from me."

"Shit I could hug you!" He smiles.

"Please don't, I've had enough of your touch on the bus." I shake my head and he chuckles softly. His laugh cuts short as something else catches his eye, I follow his gaze as a group walks into the shop.

I spot the alpha pretty quickly as I lock eyes with familiar blue eyes, this excites Nia and I can feel my heart beat rise each second our eyes stay pinned on each other.

I find the strength to look away and focus on Tomas "What happened between you guys?" I ask catching the daggers he's sending through his eyes.

"Why'd you always ask me when they're here?" I can hear the annoyance in his tone so I just drop it. I watch him pick up a few postcards to just put them right back down, I walk back over to the sunglasses rack putting my rose gold glasses away.

I take the lead walking out the shop and hear Tomas' faint footsteps behind me, I'm clearly never gonna mention his alpha again since it's a touchy subject.

"All passengers boarding to Fiji please come at gate number 12, all passengers boarding to Fiji please come to gate number 12." The intercom roars above us, I look over at Tomas and he nods me over.

For reasons I can't understand I also look behind me over at Saint to see he too is coming with his pack.