Part 42 "Ghost of you"

Start from the beginning

Calum pulled you behind him as the wolf cornered you, your back hitting the stone wall behind you. You glanced between him and how tall the hole was. Only then you noticed all the ghosts surrounding it, every one of them circling it, looking down upon you, like there will be a duel or something worse. You glanced back at the wolf who's mouth was now closed and the red glow seemed less bright, but one of his paws weren't on the ground, like he's stunned. Calum was still standing his own ground, one of his hands before you in a way of shielding you from the wolf, other one in a fist, his eyes glew just like the wolf's ones.

"Who are you and what do you want? What is happening here?" Calum asked once again, this time more sure of himself. The wolf took a step back, but he stood proud and strong even with a softer expression on his face he still looked intimidating.

"Why are you standing up for her?" the beast asked and you heard his voice out loud, but his mouth didn't move. Most of all you were surprised by the question.

"Because she's a part of my pack and she's my mate. I'll always protect her" Calum answered, but the wolf stared at him, like he believed Calum was lying.

"You two are different species, a werewolf can't have a mate connection with a werecat. Tell me really" the wolf demanded as he stomped a paw on the ground.

"That is the reason, don't call me a liar, especially not when it comes to my pack. Especially when it comes to Willow" Calum growled slightly, triggering the wolf and making him bite Calum and throw him all the way to the other side of the hole.

"Calum!" you yelled worried. The crimson eyes were back and staring directly at your, he made you back up all the way so you were literally pressed against the wall. You stared at him, he was displaying all his teeth again and he was very angry, but as you stared deeper into the red glow you saw something in it.

Your eyes linked to his and there were flashes of Tayla coming in here with her people and she also had a random book with her, it looked old, very old

Your eyes linked to his and there were flashes of Tayla coming in here with her people and she also had a random book with her, it looked old, very old. She spoke some words you didn't understand since the flashes were so fast, but you were pretty sure that she spoke in your ancient language. Suddenly the wolf appeared and with him was another ghost, a werecat ghost that looked real just like the wolf. They were furious and sad at the same time, like she's done this before and they are not pleased with whatever it is at all. The last bit went really fast. Sje spoke some words, so the barrier went down again and in the proces of that happening the werecat ghost tried to contradict the spell, but got badly hurt for it. You didn't even know ghosts could get hurt, let alone something like this. It only took a few seconds when you came back to reality and right as the wolf was about to bite you, you jumped over him to where Calum was.

"We gotta find the same werecat ghost, trust me on this one" you say in one breath. He nods, shifting to his wolf form, you shifted too and right in that moment the ghost wolf was back and ready to tear you apart.

"Wait please, we're not like Tayla" you say as Calum and you tried to avoid his attacks.

"Whatever Tayla did here we are against her. Please listen to us" Calum joined you.

"No, I've chosen to trust others before, never was it a good choice" he growled back at you. You stood on opposite sides to him, both you and Calum breathless. The ghosts were still watching, the tension in the air high and you felt as tho you were suffocating. This place had strange energy to it and you didn't know where the werecat ghost could be, there's only so many places to be here and then it hit you. The other big platform all the way on top.

"Calum, she's up on the platform!" you told him, pointing your head to the location. But when he looked up the wolf pounced on him and being bigger and definitely stronger could kill Calum very quickly, but he wasn't giving up. You jumped out of the hole, making some of the ghosts disappear in particles. You jumped on the wall, clawing and clawing, using every single muscle in your body to climb up before something happens to Calum. The time was ticking and you feeling his pain didn't help you. A cut on the shoulder, another one on his stomach, a bite right around where his collar bones would be, there would be tears in your eyes if you were in human form. You were almost to the top when your body stated to shake, your muscles weren't up to part and will soon start to give out. You held on with the last bit of energy you had left and with the last breath you said.

"I know you're there, please help us so we can help you" your claws retracted back and just like that gravity pulled you down, falling fastly down. Your eyes were half closed, your body shifting back to its human form, but that's when she caught you, you were saved by a ghost werecat. She stopped in front of the wolf who was about to finish poor Calum, who looked so small compared to him. She put you down softly, your body fell limb as your chest kept heaving up and down. You heard her roar so powerful, so so magnificent, so that's when the wolf stopped and the crimson glow disappeared. Maybe now he'll listen because if you and Calum don't get out, who knows what's going to happen in the outside world?