"In 1914, I eventually made her way to , where I met Kol." She nodded to her youngest living brother. "I didn't run into Dahlia again until 2013."

"You're saying that Dahlia is still alive?" Elijah asked.

Freya nodded. "She doesn't just live-- she hunts. I fled from her long ago, and I've been running ever since. To Dahlia, any act of betrayal is punishable by death."

"Getting rid of Dahlia is on my list of things to do, but there are more important things to do first." Rebekah let out a breath before starting to explain. "Okay, since I've gotten here, Elena and her friends found Mikael and woke him." A growl escaped one of her brothers, but she wasn't sure which. "They also tried to trick Nik into coming here to kill him and manipulate me. They tried to turn me against him." Her nose scrunched up as she shook her head. "They took the dagger out of Mikael, obviously. Elena Gilbert, the latest doppelgänger, tried to dagger me, and succeeded the first time."

Another growl was heard, but that time she knew it was Kol. Despite how much they fought and teased each other over the years, they were best friends and the closest siblings at the end of the day.

"Wait- They tried to kill Nik?" Kol asked

"So have you!" Klaus spoke as Rebekah nodded.

"Not permanently." Kol shook his head, dead serious. "I would never kill you permanently."

"That's reassuring," Klaus muttered.

"In the original timeline, the coffins were stolen by Stefan Salvatore and he kept them for weeks. Eventually, they were opened and we were all undaggered, except mother came back from the dead. We had a ball, Kol broke my date's hand and got his neck snapped by Damon Salvatore. Finn, ever the big brother, worked with mother to kill us all."

The others looked at Finn with wide eyes, but he remained the same.

"Damon Salvatore slept with me so he could get Sage to go in my head and find a way to kill us. Kol got daggered, I burned the bridge, which was white oak, but I didn't know about the sign. We were linked, Finn had run off and the Salvatore's had managed to get far too many white oak stakes. Matt Donovan, the blonde human boy who was my date, killed Finn just as we were unlinked."

Her family, except Freya and Klaus, were shocked. Finn simply tilted his head before Rebekah continued. "Anyone want to guess what happened next?"

"I know!" Freya raised her hand. "Finn's entire bloodline died."

"Indeed." Rebekah nodded. "If an Original dies, so does their line. Unless they are unlinked from their line, but that only happened once."

"How..." Elijah started, his brows furrowed. He didn't like the thought of his brother dying, of any of his siblings dying. "How did our family react to his death?"

"Nik was pissed at everything and everyone, hurt my feelings quite a bit but I got over it," Rebekah answered bluntly. "Kol was in Denver, but he was mad too. You were upset, obviously, but more at yourself. I was upset but tried to get over it pretty quick as our mother was still plotting against us and there were still stakes."

"Mother possessed me and turned Alaric Saltzman, the history teacher who had been evil lately, into father 2.0. Bonnie Bennett offered to desiccate Alaric like her mother did to our father, but desiccated Nik instead. Elijah made a deal with Elena, if she returned Klaus' body and the stake, he, Kol and I would scatter around the world, Alaric will follow and leave her alone. He promised we wouldn't revive Klaus while she or her children are still alive, which was a lie, but we wanted our brother back."

"They desiccated me?" Klaus demanded.

"Oh, it only gets worse from here," Rebekah told him. "Alaric found out where your body was. He fought Damon and I and staked Nik. Believing that Nik sired their bloodline, which he did, all the vampires in town prepared to die - only they didn't die."