"I've missed you too." Freya squeezed her tighter.

"We all missed you. We were miserable without you." They both let out small laughs, pulling away from each other.

The others, except for Finn, had been suspicious of her immediately. This suspicion lessened when they saw how Rebekah was around her.

Finn, however, almost recognized her immediately. When they were children, they could sense each other from across the village. They knew when the other was in trouble, but this ended when she was taken by Dahlia. They had both felt the connection when she woke up.

"Alright, family." Rebekah started after they sat down. It wasn't often that she got nervous, but she wasn't sure how her family would react. "I'm from the future. And so is Freya, I wasn't expecting that, though."

"From the future?" Kol repeated, raising an eyebrow.

"You sound like Nik," She muttered. "Yes, Kol, the future. But I want to say something's before we start talking about that." She whispered a 'sorry Nik' under her breath before continuing. "I'm not sure what Nik has told you, so I'll recap. Niklaus has broken his curse, Katerina still lives and his hybrids must transition with human doppelganger blood. Father is dead, killed by his own weapon a few nights ago. Mother was killed by Nik and is currently in the basement, magically sealed in a coffin."

Their eyes widened. Apparently, Klaus hasn't told them anything and was waiting for Rebekah to do it.

"I'm going to explain everything I can without changing the timeline too much. Okay?" Her siblings and Sage nodded back. "So, first. I believe Freya was sent back at the same time I was, by the same witches. I think it was Ayana and her line, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I was dying and I was sent back to 2010."

Freya nodded. "That makes sense. Kind of."

"How are you still alive?" Finn finally asked.

"Long ago, our mother made a deal with her sister, to ask her to perform a fertility spell to allow her to conceive. Dahlia initially refused, but eventually relented. She warned that the magic Esther wanted would require a heavy sacrifice, but Esther, desperate to have children of her own, insisted that she would pay any cost. When I was five, Dahlia sensed that my magical abilities had begun to manifest, and so she travelled to our home to remind mother of their bargain: Dahlia would perform the fertility spell for Esther, but in exchange, Dahlia would claim not only mothers firstborn child, but every other firstborn Mikaelson child of every single one of for as long as her bloodline should last, starting with me."

Freya took a deep breath, looking between her siblings. "Dahlia was devoted to making herself as powerful as she could so that she would never be vulnerable again, and she believed that creating a of Esther's firstborn descendants would give her a limitless source of power from which she could draw. Mother tried to protest but Dahlia reminded her that if she did not live up to her end of their agreement, she would take all of her children, including , and , who wasn't even born yet."

"Dahlia began to train me and raised her as her own. Dahlia convinced me that mother didn't want me anymore, that she was the only family I had left, and that there was nothing stronger than the bonds of family. Once I had learned the basics of magic, Dahlia led the five-year-old me through a spell of Dahlia's own creation us together, which both augmented my magical ability and also allowed Dahlia to me to give herself more power."

"Over the next few decades, Dahlia continued to train me in the "Dark Arts" until I was nearly as strong as her. Eventually, Dahlia came up with a spell that would grant us a form of immortality and invulnerability that was otherwise unavailable to witches. However, the cost of this spell was that we would be put in a magical sleep for nearly a century and then awaken for one single year before repeating the cycle. Dahlia was insistent that they both cast the spell, but I refused. Unfortunately, Dahlia grabbed me and forced me to participate in the spell anyway."