Kimmien - Hold That Thought

Kimmy's POV:

I take my seat in hair and makeup to get ready for our shoot. Today we're filming an EBE called "Every Young Adult Movie Ever", I have most of my scenes with Damien because we're playing two troubled young adults who fall in love, very cheesy but that's the point. 

I get a blue streak put in my hair and some basic makeup on the darker side put on and then head out to set. I already put my outfit on before hair and makeup so I don't mess it up while getting dressed.

"Hey! You stole my look!" Damien jokes, walking over to me, "Blue hair is contagious."

"Right, and you look like a failed Beatles audition." I laugh, looking at his wig.

"Wow okay, we're going in hot aren't we?" He pauses, "Well you look like... like... pretty. Boom, take that."

"Oh boy you got me there!" I say sarcastically.

"Damien, Kimmy! Let's go!" Monica shouts. Monica is directing this one and she's been pretty excited about it.

Damien and I go and sit on the bed and shoot our scene. We have to redo it couple times because Damien doesn't leave enough time for his thoughts to be said in between when he stops talking and starts again. We also had to redo it once because when we were supposed to start dancing I lost my balance and fell back onto the bed. We then did it again and made it so only Damien danced.

While some other scenes are being shot that I'm not in, my phone rings and I see it's my roommate, Chayenne, calling me.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey, Kimmy! I hope I'm not interrupting filming." Chayenne says.

"No it's fine, I'm not on set right now."

"Great! So, here's the deal, I'm with Lucas right now and he mentioned that he has a friend that might be good for you so I was thinking we should go on a double date so you can meet him. What do you think?" She asks. Lucas is Chayenne's boyfriend, and they are always trying to set me up on dates with his friends. I rarely agree but it's happened before.

I rest my free hand behind my neck and I guess I sigh a bit loudly because Damien looks over at me and gives me that "is everything okay?" look. I shoot him a small smile and finally answer Chayenne, "Um, listen, I appreciate this but you really need to give this up. I don't want to meet any more of his friends. Like, seriously, how many friends does this guy got?"

"Are you sure? Is it the us being there part? Because you can just go on a normal date with him if you'd like."

"No, it's alright. I just- I don't know, I'm not thrilled about it so I'm gonna have to decline."

"Okay... well it was worth a shot. I'll let you get back to work, bye!"

"Bye." I hang up and exhale deeply before slipping my phone back into my pocket.

Damien walks over to me the same concerned look as before, "Is everything alright? What was that all about? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to I was just wondering if there is anything you'd like to get off your chest or anything I can help with."

I smile at how sweet Damien is, "That was just my roommate. Her and her boyfriend keep trying to set me up with guys to go on dates with but I don't really want their help, I can meet people for myself... anyway, it's fine."

"Did you tell her you're not interested?

"Yeah, and I have before. This has been going on for a while."

"Yeah I guess that could get a little annoying... Well hey maybe I could-" Damien gets cut off by Monica, "Damien, Kimmy, you're up!"

"Hold that thought." I smile, and we go onto set again to shoot our next scene.

The rest of shooting went pretty smoothly, my voice cracked a couple time because I was trying to do that low sexy voice which made Damien laugh a lot. My fishnet tights ripped once, and the blue hair extension fell out of my hair, nothing too major though. Shayne got stuck in a locker when he attempted to climb inside but his shoulders were too broad. This resulted in Courtney having to pull him out and then Courtney climbed inside the locker because she was just the right size. Shayne then closed the door and leaned against it so she couldn't get out... Set is a fun place.

After I got changed out of my costume it was time to leave so I grabbed my keys and my bag and went out to my car. As I was about to get in I hear my named being called so I turn around to see Damien jogging towards me.

"Good job today." He says.

"Yeah, you too." I smile.

"So you know how you said 'hold that thought' earlier?" He asks.

I nod, "Yeah."

"Well I held it." Damien chuckles and then looks at his feet, "So clearly you're not interested in any of the people your roommate tries to set you up with, but I was wondering if you might be interested in me... and are possibly free for dinner tonight?"

A smile spreads across my face at his words. I've always had a small crush on Damien but I tried to forget about it because we're co-workers and I figured he wouldn't be into me anyway.

"Yes to both. I'd love to go to dinner with you." I say.

Damien's head shoots up to look at me and he smiles, "Really- I mean, great. Lovely. How about I pick you up at seven?"

"Sounds great. See you at seven." I smile.

He nods and I see his cheeks go a little red before he quickly turns away and goes back inside. I get in my car and let out a sigh, this time it's not a frustrated sigh though, it's a content sigh.

-

(A/N: Hey! Sorry I've been so inactive lately, school started, and I just haven't had as much time to write. But I hope you enjoyed this Kimmien one-shot! And if you have any requests feel free to comment them or message me. Have a good day! <3)