Shourtney - Mornings

Shayne's POV:

The sound of my alarm is blaring through my ears and I swear it's so much louder than it usually is. My head is pounding as I turn it off and my blinks literally hurt. I roll over in bed and my eyes go wide when I see someone laying in bed next to me. I quickly realize it's Courtney and relax a little, because at least it's not a stranger, and this isn't the first time this has happened.

I scoot closer to her so I'm spooning her, my chest aginst her bare back. I wrap my arms around her and whisper in her ear, "Court, it's time to wake up, we have work."

She groans, "We need to stop drinking when we have work the next day. I can't function with a hangover."

"No, what we need to stop doing is waking up with each other... But to be honest I don't want to stop." I chuckle.

"True and same. It's an issue." She mumbles. Courtney rolls over in my arms and puts her head on my chest, "I don't wanna go to work. Do you think I could call in sick?"

I laugh, "You wouldn't do that. You're too much of a goody-two-shoes."

"You... are 100% right." She sighs.

I rub my hand up and down her back and she hums contently.

"Do you have any memory of why were in this situation again?" Courtney asks.

"We just can't resist each other." I laugh.

"I'm serious!" She chuckles.

"So am I!" I say.

She smiles and shakes her head, her hand tracing circles on my chest, "We do this way too often."

"In my opinion it's not often enough." I kiss the top of her head, "I quite like waking up next to you."

"Shut up." Courtney says and I can feel her smile against my chest.

"No." I laugh.

"You're an idiot." She mumbles.

"So are you." I say.

We stay there for a few more minutes, cuddling and enjoying each others company and warmth of our hungover bodies, until I finally work up the motivation to move.

"Okay Court, let's go. Up and at em." Removing my arm from around Courtney and propping myself up on my elbows. Courtney takes this opportunity to wrap both her arms around my waist and nuzzle her head into my chest. She puts one of her legs across me and I can feel her smile against my chest.

"You think this is going to stop me from getting up?" I laugh.

"Yep." Courtney replies simply.

"Well it's not. Come on." I say and sit up fully, my head pounding as I do so. I remove Courtney's arms from around my waist and roll her off me. I give her a quick kiss on the forehead and stand up, collecting Courtney's clothes from around the room. I hand her her clothes and she sits up, "Get dressed. I'll get us some Advil and coffee."

"You may be a morning person but I'm not." Courtney groans.

"I usually am. Right now I'm hungover and trust me, I'd much rather be in bed with you." I quickly throw on underwear and a pair of sweatpants and go into my kitchen. I start making a pot of coffee and while it's brewing I swallow some Advil and then fill up a glass of water for Courtney.

I knock on my bedroom door before opening it, "Are you decent?"

"Yeah." Courtney replies.

I walk in as Courtney is pulling one of my hoodies over her head.

"Hey. Who said you could steal my hoodie?" I chuckle.

"I did." She smiles.

"Fair enough." I hand her the Advil and water and she eagerly takes it.

She follows me out to the kitchen and I pour us each a cup of coffee. I go to take a sip of mine but accidently spill it down my chest.

"I think you might still be a little drunk." Courtney laughs as I wipe the coffee off my chest.

"Oh shut it." I say.

"Do we have to film today? I don't know how good I can fake not being hungover." Courtney says.

"I have no clue." I shake my head.

After Courtney finishes her coffee she grabs her bag and her keys off the counter, "I'm gonna go home and shower. I'll see you at work and remember, we don't speak of this." She points her finger at me and I raise my hands innocently.

"I know, I know... Drive safe." I say and she smiles before leaving my apartment.

I rinse out our coffee mugs and then go to take a shower. I let the water run over me and sigh, trying to remember what happened last night. Courtney came over to play Mario Kart. We drank some beer, and then some more beer, and then a little bit more, and then my memory cuts out.

I get out of the shower, dry off, and get dressed. After I finish getting dressed I grab my keys and head out of my apartment. I get in my car and drive to work, my head still hurts a little but it doesn't hurt to blink anymore, so that's good. I pull into the office parking lot as Courtney is getting out of her car, her hair still a little wet from showering. She notices me pull in and walks over to my car, "Here's your hoodie." She smiles and hands me my hoodie. I throw it in the backseat and lock my car.

We walk into the building and Damien immediately greets us, "Good morning! Wow. You two look rough."

"Thanks man." I say.

"Are you hungover?" Damien chuckles.

"Beer is a bitch." I reply simply.

Damien nods, "I'll see you later, I have to go and find Kimmy. Try not to die." He walks off and out of sight.

"Beer is a bitch?" Courtney laughs, "Don't blame beer for your bitchiness."

"Hey!" I shove her shoulder lightly.

"I'm kidding... Kinda." She smiles and we begin walking to the squad room.

"How much Advil do you think is too much Advil?" I ask.

Courtney shrugs, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

"I don't think that's a good way to judge it." I laugh.

"We're never going to let last night happen again, right?" Courtney says, lowering her voice.

"Right." I reply, even though I know full well it's going to happen again, it always does.

-

(A/N: Shourtney is always going to be my OTP. I am literally obsessed with them, maybe to an unhealthy level... oh well. Don't forget to comment or message me with any one-shots you want me to write! You can be as specific or vague as you want to be. Bye! <3)