Kimmien - Double Date

Damien's POV:

"Babe! Are you ready to go yet? We don't want to keep Shayne and Courtney waiting for too long!" Kimmy yells from the living room.

"Yeah! I'll be out in a sec!" I shout back.

It's definitely a stereotype that girls take longer to get ready than guys, but I always take way longer to get ready than Kimmy. Kimmy can throw anything on and look stunning meanwhile I'm buttoning up my shirt for the fourth time because I keep doing it wrong and then the buttons don't line up.

I finally finish buttoning up my shirt correctly and shove my phone and my wallet into the pockets of my pants and go out to the living room to join Kimmy.

"Okay. Ready. Do I look okay?" I ask.

"You look great." Kimmy gives me a quick kiss, "Plus, it's just Shayne and Courtney. It's not like we need to impress them or anything."

"True..." I look Kimmy up and down. She's wearing little black dress and black heels. "You look beautiful." I smile and put my hands on her waist, pulling her closer to kiss her.

She giggles, "Thanks... Okay now let's go." She grabs my hand and pulls me out of the apartment. We go down to my car and get in. Kimmy immediately takes the aux and starts playing music while I drive over to Shayne and Courtney's place.

We pull up in front of their apartment complex and I text Shayne that we're here. A minute later Shayne and Courtney emerge from the front doors of the building. Shayne is wearing black pants and a blue short sleeved button up shirt. We're basically dressed the same, except my shirt is green plaid instead of blue. Courtney is wearing a two-piece pink dress, or more so croptop and matching skirt I guess. They walk over to my car holding hands and then climb in the backseat.

"Hey guys!" Courtney smiles.

"Court you look so cute." Kimmy exclaims.

"So do you!" Courtney says.

I turn around in my seat to face Shayne, "Oh my gosh, Shayne, you look adorable." I say in a high pitched voice.

"Nah bro, you are slaying that shirt!" Shayne says, copying me.

Courtney leans forward in her seat to hit me in the shoulder. We laugh and I start driving to the restaurant.

"We would've been here sooner but Damien took forever to get ready." Kimmy says.

"Really? Your problem is Damien? Man, Court took the longest time to get ready." Shayne laughs.

"Well excuse me for trying to look good." Courtney chuckles.

"You always look good." Shayne smiles and leans over, kissing Courtney.

"Hey! No funny business in the backseat of my car." I laugh.

"Whoops." Shayne says, kissing Courtney again.

"Don't make me separate you two." Kimmy says, pointing a finger at them.

Shayne holds up his hands innocently and we laugh.

After a few more minutes of driving we pull up to the restaurant and get out of the car. I slip my hand into Kimmy's as we walk into the restaurant and they seat us. Courtney and Shayne sit on one side of the table and Kimmy and I sit on the other. We look at the menu's making random puns about certain names of dishes. After the waiter takes our order he kinda scoffs as he walks away.

"I don't think he likes us." Kimmy says.

"Nobody likes us. We're too cool." Shayne smirks.

"Obviously. I mean, look at your hair." Courtney chuckles.

Shayne reaches up and feels his hair, "What's wrong with my hair?"

"Nothing... nothing." Courtney laughs, "I just said it was so cool."

Kimmy reaches up and ruffles my hair, "There. Now Damien's hair is extra cool."

"Oh my gosh we're old aren't we?" I say.

"Yep." Shayne laughs.

"You guys are old. I'm 25, with means I'm still cool." Courtney smiles.

"Once you reach 28 you stop being cool. Which means I'm still cool too." Kimmy says and her and Courtney high-five.

"Damn it. We're not cool." I say to Shayne.

"I knew this day would come, but not so soon." Shayne shakes his head.

We talk and laugh some more as we wait for our food to come. I rest my hand on Kimmy's thigh and I can see her smile out of the corner of my eye. Our food arrives and we eat fairly quickly, apparently we were all quite hungry.

The waiter comes over and puts the check on our table, "Your check. No rush."

"Oh um, we asked to split the bill..." Courtney says awkwardly.

"Right. Of course. I'll be right back." The waiter says and you can hear the hate in his voice.

"Okay he definitely doesn't like us." Kimmy says worriedly.

I rub my hand up and down her thigh, "So what? He's probably just had a bad day."

Kimmy nods and the waiter comes back with the two checks, "Here you go."

"Thanks." Courtney smiles. He doesn't smile back but just turns on his heel and walks away.

We all chuckle a little and the Shayne and I pay the bills. We head out of the restaurant and back into my car to drive home.

We pull up in front of Courtney and Shayne's apartment complex.

"We should do this more often." Courtney says.

"Definately." Kimmy agrees.

"Well thanks guys, we'll see you tomorrow at the office." Shayne smiles as they get out of the vehicle.

"See ya!" I say as they close the doors. We watch as they head into the apartment building, hand in hand, and disappear out of view.

I drive Kimmy and I back to our apartment and we walk inside. As soon as I close the door Kimmy cups my face in her hands and kisses me.

"Woah there. What's up?" I laugh.

"Nothing." Kimmy smiles and kisses me again. I allow my hands to slide down her torso and to her hips as she wraps her arms behind my neck.

We pull away for air and I smile, "I am willing to bet anything that Courtney and Shayne are doing this exact same thing right now."

"Oh yeah. 100%." Kimmy laughs, closing the gap between us.

-

(A/N: I quite like this one-shot because it features both Kimmien and Shourtney, AKA two awesome ships. Also, let's take a moment and appreciate how cute Kimmy looks in the photo up above, like ?? Why do you look this good?? On another note: Is this a good length for a one-shot? I kinda feel like it was really quick but I also don't want to make them too long... Okay, bye <3)