Chapter 48: Ignite

Start from the beginning

Who am I supposed to be?

The very identity of the (Y/n) she's been up until now in her mind is almost crumbling away right in front of her as she thinks more and more about every single moment. The moment she found Vito's father in the files, a cascade of existential thoughts filled her mind to the brim until she just couldn't think of anything else. While in the present, she can't help but almost wonder if everything she's done has just been a big mistake; from becoming a hero to following a vigilante path, just questioning everything.

__________

Next Day...

(Y/n), clicking away on the computer and printing maps out, eats a slice of her cake that her and Dabi made together. She happily continues to eat it, hearing Dabi and swivels around. (Y/n) is about to happily greet him home but sees the look on his face; his face is furrowed into a serious expression.

Dabi speaks out, "(Y/n), I need you to make a decision now. Don't get me wrong; I enjoy just chilling with you here but I also have to deal with the League of Villains. I can't stay here and do nothing for too long or it'll get suspicious."

Letting out a little sigh, (Y/n) places the plate with cake on it down and takes out aerial shots of a certain building. She knows that Dabi would push her to do something; she's been doing nothing for too long despite having enough information to take action.

"We can go by tonight; I narrowed their current location down to this place," (Y/n) points at an isolated building in the middle of a large forest with only a single road leading to that area, "There's been strange movement out of this area which possibly means they are making the drugs."

"Then let's prepare to head there," Dabi says as he stretches his arms upwards.

(Y/n) places her gloves on and outfit on, "Let's do it."

__________

Arriving at the target location...

As Dabi and (Y/n) waits for the perfect time to execute their plan to finally confront and... destroy Smoke? How would that even happen? Would she have to turn them in? Or permanently reduce them to nothing so that they won't be able to do this again? Isn't this against everything she's told herself that she was working up to?

This isn't supposed to be revenge. I just wanted to know the truth, right? What am I even doing?

(Y/n) uneasily tightens her fist as she wonders what her motives have built up towards, thinking all sorts of thoughts. Seeing that Vito may have some sort of connection to this group, as well as her Brother's death, (Y/n) was given a large reality check. Her actions of being pushed towards the edge of truth has flown her into the unknown; not knowing what would even come after this.

What will she even have after this? What was there beyond finding the truth? What was she going to do after 'Smoke' is supposedly defeated? She's been living for him up until now; everything working and revolving around him. (Y/n) understood late on that maybe this wasn't a healthy way of being motivated to become a hero.

Her purpose of living; Harlon. Does she have anything beyond him? She's never thought of it.

She feels droplets of rain fall onto the top of her head, making her stretch her hand out and lets the water run into the middle of her palm. (Y/n) lowers her head as she is unsure of everything. It then starts to drizzle lightly.

Dabi catches her staring into the palm of her hand, placing his onto her shoulder, "What do you want to do? Are we going to go through with this?

"..." (Y/n) clenches her fist, not knowing what to do for sure but responds nonetheless, "We've gotten this far. Let's do it."

Identity | Various!BNHA x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara