Chapter 42: Sense

Next-Day....

(Y/n POV)

Walking to our classroom with my muscles aching all over from the intense training Aizawa has put me through, I stumble towards my chair to drag it across the floor and place myself on it. I lay my head on the desk, making a small groaning sound as I feel my muscles ache completely. Training yesterday with Aizawa and Shinsou was just gruesome. Arguably I had a massive advantage due to my already somewhat prolific skills in hand-to-hand combat, that didn't stop Aizawa from going even harder on me.

"Hey (Y/n) you don't look too hot," I hear Jirou jokingly comment with my head still on the desk, "Did Aizawa's training destroy you?"

I place my head up just slightly, making a pouty face to her as I fake cry to her, "He's a demon... He made us train until night time and I had to keep using my air manipulation while trying to do hand-to-hand combat!! I thought I was going to die..."

We continue to talk about our training as she informs me about her own training while I talk about my own as well. Jirou and I have a nicely founded relationship; though we aren't as close as Uraraka and I or Bakugou and I, we definitely have become good friends.

Aizawa then comes into the classroom to start homeroom. Although, my mind is exhausted from pushing myself extremely hard yesterday; both physically and mentally. This makes my mind wander to thoughts that I have been pushing away as much as I could.

As much as I want to, I try to distract myself from Dabi's deep cutting words that keep reverberating in my heart and ears. Even if I'm back here and studying hard under Aizawa while Best Jeanist recovers, does that mean I know what I want to do now since I know the truth? Definitely not...

'Could you also forgive the person who let your brother die?'

Could I? Can I stand not finding out what happened on that day? This curiosity is awful...

" -(Y/n)!" I finally raise my head to find that Midoriya is calling out to me, "You finally looked up! I've been calling out to you this whole time. It's lunchtime and then we have our training once more. Are you alright?"

I avert my gaze away from him as I loosely smile, responding half-heartedly, "Yeah... Let's go to lunch"

Standing up to push my chair back and head to lunch, I spot Midoriya holding a puzzled expression on his face. I try and ignore his stares, hoping internally that he won't ask about it since I don't want to explain it at all.

__________

After School at Ground Omega...

"Shinsou!" I wave at him rapidly, running in my gym outfit, "You're here already? Aizawa said he wasn't going to arrive until 10 minutes later though."

Shinsou, who has been training under Aizawa ever since after the Sports Festival, continues to stretch his arms and legs, but replies to me, "I did a bit of running before you got here. I'm trying to also train on my own."

I pat his back happily, "Working hard aren't we?"

I watch his blush light his cheeks just faintly, and I remember the kiss he gave me during the Sports Festival which makes me feel slightly awkward. I fake cough and decide to do my own stretches not next to him as I don't want to make it more awkward than it already is. Even though Shinsou and I keep in touch every so often, he hasn't mentioned the kiss at all so I'm wondering if he just wants to pretend it never happened.

As if reading my mind, Shinsou then stops stretching and walks up to me, "Hey about the Sports Festival--"

Aizawa then appears with his hair tied back and interrupts Shinsou, which I am slightly thankful for as I'm not ready for another love interest, "Are you two ready? We're going to work on hand-to-hand combat today like yesterday. Though this time, I won't let you use your quirks."