Chapter 39: A Hero in my Eyes

(Y/n POV)

"Harlon... saved you?" I slowly utter under my own breath, trying to process what this villain is telling me, "What do you mean by that?"

Dabi lets out a small chuckle and with a serious tone he explains, "A few years back, around 7 years ago, I was kidnapped by that notorious group you know as 'Smoke'. They wanted to experiment on certain drugs they were creating so they took me."

__________

7 Years Ago...

(Dabi POV)

'Kidnapped by another villain group... Ironic,' I think to myself as I try to use my quirk to burn the handcuffs off of me; only to fail miserably. 

I let out an annoyed sigh as I can't do anything. I lay there with my hands tied back in a confined room, waiting for my supposed death as they need to experiment on me. I hear the sounds from outside the door as they prepare the materials that, I'm guessing, will be injected into me.

There is another door across from the one that leads to the villains. Though even if I wanted to escape, it would be impossible to fight against all 15 of them.

I suddenly hear the other door creak open and I prepare to struggle for my life; if I'm going to die, then I'll die fighting for my own life. Instead of seeing a gang member of Smoke, I spot a person sneaking in who clearly appears to be a hero. His eyes were serious but soft. He gazes towards me places a finger to lip to signal that I should be quiet. He uses, what I'm guessing, is his quirk and hardens the door leading to the gang members. Unfortunately, a gang member tries to open the door and notices he can't open it. A loud banging sound comes from the door as they try to open it.

"I'm here to save you," The hero says calmly, his voice emanating a warm reverberating ring, and removes the chains off of my hands.

I scoff at the hero and roll my eyes, "Don't save me. You'll just die if you try and fight them. Heroes are such idiots. They will clearly overpower you and end up killing me as well."

He plants both of his hands on my shoulders, sternly stating to me with a strong but compassionate voice, "Listen to me. You won't die here. You'll keep living in this world. You'll grow and grow. You'll be okay. So trust me when I say I'll save you."

I squint my eyes at him, knowing that Heroes are full of trash. If I tell him that I plan to become one of these people, I doubt he would save me.

"You'll save me even if I become a bad person?" I ask with a dark expression, hoping to see this Hero's resolve falter.

Instead he smiles gleamingly at me and proudly states, "Even so, I'll save you because that's what a hero does! Plus, I need to stop these people from doing any more bad things."

My eyes widen at this man at his hardened resolve and resist the urge to smile back. This idiotic resolve was both something to admire yet despise simultaneously. The gang members finally tear down the door, revealing around 15-20 people ready to fight. The hero then suddenly pushes me towards the safe area and gives me a thumbs-up before quickly swiping his right arm towards the wall and placing his thumb gently on his lips.

Even though I was a bad person, he decided to risk his life and save me. In my eyes, this man is what a hero is. Even if I didn't ask to be saved, he went in and saved me. He was a Hero in my eyes.

"My name is Tsukishima Harlon, also known as the 'Manipulating Hero: Mutare'! Don't forget that!" I hear him shout out to me before he rushes to engage into the battle against all those other group members.

I watch as the walls move with Harlon closing his fist to block off the enemies from catching up to me, probably from his quirk. As I run away with all my might, I know in my heart that will be the last time I'll see him. Even if society doesn't know who you are, I'll never forget that name.