Chapter 20: Fire and Explosions

(3rd POV)

Todoroki Shoto vs. Tsukishima (Y/n)

"Todoroki Shoto vs. Tsukishima (Y/n)... Start!"

The entire stadium fills with silence, waiting for the two to start fighting. Gulps are heard within the air as the two get into their fighting positions. (Y/n) breathes in the air around her, attempting to get the composition of the air to control later. As a drop of sweat from Todoroki's face drops down onto the floor, (Y/n) pumps her legs and arms forward, running at full speed towards him.

Todoroki steps forward, ice immediately pouring from him attempting to encase (Y/n). She simply stretches her hand out and stops Todoroki's ice from moving forward. She then runs forward and Todoroki does the same, trying to strike one another.

Present Mic excitedly watches the two fight, "What is this?! It looks like (Y/n) has stopped Todoroki's ice! Has he resorted to using his fists instead? Is (Y/n) the automatic winner since his own ice is useless against her?!"

As Todoroki attempts to strike (Y/n) with his right arm, (Y/n) releases her control from the ice and aims for his clothes instead. She tightens the lower part of his clothes to trip him. He stumbles from the sudden feeling, and (Y/n) takes this to her advantage and kicks his side. Todoroki notices the release of his ice from her control and moves his ice once more to try and get (Y/n) from behind.

"Not today!" (Y/n) hears the ice appearing behind her and she jumps up, landing on top of the ice Todoroki created.

Todoroki falls to the floor and skids across the cement, thinking 'Her quirk... it's too versatile; I have to use something that she can't control... My fire...'

Hesitating, Todoroki stops himself from releasing his flames and continues to produce mass amounts of ice around him. (Y/n) frowns from his hesitation and controls his ice once more, changing it to trap him in his own ice.

(Y/n) lands slightly in front of him, "Use your full power on me!"

"..." Todoroki stays still inside of the ice surrounding around him, breathing out warm air.

"You'll never move forward if you keep acting like this! Take your own powers into your own hands!" (Y/n) points her finger at Todoroki as she controls the ice around him, encasing him more and more.

"It's your own power so use it! Take control of your own fate!" Screaming at the top of her lungs, (Y/n), eyes burning with passion, tightens the ice around Todoroki even more.

Todoroki's eyes widen as his fire then erupts before her eyes, melting all the ice away, "I'll use my left side against you! I will win!"

"Good! I'll use my full power on you as well!" (Y/n)'s eyes then start to light up as she begins to use her quirk to her full extent as she can right now.

The air begins to shake as the two prepare for an all out attack. In one second, the arena is filled with intense power.

Todoroki begins to use both of his side, fire erupting from his left side and ice spreading out from his right. While, (Y/n) begins to manipulate the ground, Todoroki's ice, the air around and his clothes. The entire stadium begins to shake from (Y/n) uncontrollably manipulating the area around her without a distinct target in mind. The two run towards each other, wind spewing all over the place from the sheer amount of power.

The air (Y/n) controls spews into Todoroki's direction, powerfully producing large gusts of wind pushing him back. He creates a wall of ice to stop him from falling out of the boundaries. As he creates more fire, (Y/n) uses her large gusts of wind surrounding her to extinguish his flames temporarily and manipulate the ground around them to throw them up into the air.