Chapter Twenty One

(POV: Elden)

Just before Remus's mace struck Logan, the strange side froze. His eyes flashed between red and green. Logan looked up at him and grinned from ear to ear. Remus turned around, roaring a fierce battle cry as he threw his mace toward me.

I sunk out and reappeared beside Logan. I smiled devilishly and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Your turn."

Remus screamed, lashing his tentacles at me as I switched from his mind to Logan's. Remus's tentacles vanished and he fell to the floor at his friend's feet. The logical trait stared down at him, his eyes turning a deep blue.

Logan stepped away and looked over to Patton. The young man was backing away with fear in his eyes.

"L-Logan, please don't do this," he begged, his voice and hands shaking.

"This is for your own good, Patton," he said, holding the dad-like side's face in his hands. "You know very well that you deserve it. You let your friends down. You let me down. I thought you cared about me."

"I-I do! This just isn't right! Please d-don't do this," Patton whimpered, trying to push Logan away.

"You hurt me. You hurt your friends. Your family. Everyone you love is hurt now because of you. Look around." Logan held a hand out to show the other sides lying motionless on the floor. "If you hadn't messed things up, they would be fine."

The man fell to the floor. He looked down at his hands as small teardrops landed in his palms. Logan knelt beside him and frowned.

"You're no better than Elden," Logan spat, making Patton flinch. "I don't know why I stayed with you."

Patton looked absolutely heartbroken, his eyes like dams ready to burst. I cackled to myself, raising my hand watching Logan harshly grab onto Patton's wrist. The poor side trembled, locking eyes with the new emotionally abusive side.

I could tell Patton understood what was about to happen, and it was for his benefit that he let it happen. But of course, he started to cry, making Logan hesitate. "Please don't do this, Logie. I know you can't think for yourself right now but, please! It's me, Patton! Your best friend! Please, Logan, don't do this!"

"I..I-I," Logan stuttered, before shaking his head, falling back under my command, "I have no friends." With that, my control flowed through him into the fatherly side. The scream he let out was music to my ears, while the other recovering side slammed their hands over their ears, hating the noise.

When everything was done, Patton threw his fist across his body, making Logan collapse to the side, panting and sweating weakly. The father stood up, cracking his neck as he stepped forwards.

That seemed to be enough for Janus. He immediately stood up and stormed off towards me, grinding his teeth and igniting his magic. Right before he could land a hit though, Patton grabbed his arm. Janus followed the pale skin down the arm and up to Patton's face, unsure of what to do.

"Trying to be the hero, huh, Jany?" Patton asked, pushing the snake to the floor. "Hate to break it to you, but you'll never be the hero. You were born to be the villain, and that's all you'll ever amount to."

"P-Patton, stop!" Janus yelled, trying to push Patton back, not wanting to hurt him. "Y-You don't mean any of this! Elden's controlling your thoughts; he's making you say things you don't mean! Fight him, Patton! I know you can! You just have to fight it...ahhhh!" Janus screamed out upon hearing a small snap from his shoulder.

I allowed the father to let him go, leaving Janus to soak in his pain. Upon the crowd of sides, I laughed. I had won. Or...that was what I thought. From the corner of my eye, I could see Patton staring down at Janus. He didn't break eye contact, just watching the snake sit there.

Before I could do anything, Patton shook his head, the light blue glow from his eyes fading as he collapsed to his knees.

"Janus! Oh my gosh, are you okay!?" He questioned rapidly. Virgil and Logan rushed over as well, leaving the twins to charge at me, both of their weapons in hand.

"It is becoming clear to me that your attachment to each other is even too strong for me to break," I sighed, looking between them. Virgil and Patton had wrapped Janus' arms around their necks, helping him stand while they all glared at me.

"It's over, Elden!" Remus growled.

"I recommend giving up easily before we hurt you too bad," Roman snarled. After looking between the six of them for sometime, a thought came to me. Maybe I couldn't make them fight each other. But perhaps, I can take the one person who represents all of them as a whole.

"Don't get cocky!" I hissed, throwing a magic blast down at their feet to give me some clearance. Once they were away, I sunk down, preparing to take a little visit to an old friend.

~~~

(POV: Thomas)

I was sitting on my couch, strangely feeling better than I did before. Maybe Patton and Logan had fixed everything. I don't know what exactly they did, but I felt like a new person.

I grabbed a jacket from my closet, getting ready to go out and meet a few friends for lunch. Checking my look in the mirror once more, I tightened my shoes before walking downstairs.

When I got to the landing, a side randomly popped up in the spot I usually stand. "Woah!" I exclaimed, jumping back and throwing my hands up in surprise. "W-Who are you?"

"Pleasure to meet you, Thomas. This introduction really has been prolonged," He said, bowing like some sort of regal figure. "But I'll keep this short. My name is Elden. I am your seventh and final dark side, and you're coming with me!"

Elden snatched me by the arm, pulling me down to his level. I couldn't control my shaking or the way my breathing seemed to slow. All I know is we started sinking down and it's all fuzzy from there.