Chapter 24

*Shoto's POV*

I stumbled after Katsuki as he walked away from the celebration and towards the tree line. His cloak streamed out behind him as he went, making him look all the more regal and astonishingly handsome. I had no idea how somebody couldn't find his piercing red eyes, tousled blond hair, strong figure and tsundere like attitude attractive. Ordinarily, I think I would have a strong disliking for Katsuki. There was a lingering feeling of disapproval in my gut when I saw the way that Katsuki acted so rude. I wanted to call him out on his behaviour but I didn't want to jeopardise our relationship. My heart called for me to keep my relationship with Katsuki as positive as possible. Maybe I would say something after he had taken the time to gather himself and his emotions.

We finally made it to the tree line where Katsuki stopped and crossed his arms, finally looking over at me and appraising me for a second. His angry eyes softened ever so slightly, barely noticeably, when he looked at me. The raging ruby simmering down slightly into a gentle crimson hue.

"Oi, get the fuck out of here. You can come back when you see that we're gone." Katsuki barked, his eyes flickering over to the trees surrounding us for a second before they settled back on me. I watched in awe as humanoid shapes emerged from the trees and flowers around us.

Tree nymphs bowed respectfully to their ruler, smiling happily at him despite the fact that they had just been kicked out of their residences. Sprites and fairies which fluttered from flowers, leaves and out of burrows in the ground all tittered and collected around Katsuki's head, creating a wreath of flickering lights and colours. The magical creature's lights were cast onto Katsuki's face, making him look ethereal and godly. My heart skipped several beats and I nearly choked on a breath as Katsuki's eyes glowed in the low light. My knees felt weak. All I wanted to do was fall into Katsuki's arms and kiss him senseless. How did I end up with such a handsome and yet rude mouthed man as my potential partner?

*Katsuki's POV*

The little shits wouldn't stop circling my head, giggling and whispering about how handsome Shoto was. They were only lingering so that they could ogle at Shoto. I felt a deep growl building up in my chest at the idea that one of the creatures around me would try and take Icyhot from me. Luckily, I managed to restrain my thunderous noise of possession and simply scowled at the bitches fluttering around me.

"Tch. Why are you still here? I told you to fuck off, didn't I? Go drink some alcohol or some shit. Also, get into your large forms so that you don't get swatted by a drunk asshole." I scowled at the beings floating before me.

"Ok, King Katsuki." a tinkling voice giggled before the lights fluttered away towards the rambunctious noises of the party. I tutted as all of the cretins around me fluttered away, they were shitty but I would protect them with my life.

Once everyone was gone, I looked over at Shoto and saw that he was already staring at me. An unfamiliar look on his face, as if he was analyzing me closely. Taking in every detail of my face. I saw blatant love and intrigue shining like stars in Shoto's gaze. I wanted to take his body into my arms and cradle him there until the end of time. What the fuck had gotten into me?

"You got a staring problem there, Icyhot?" I asked snarkily, internally wincing at my inability to approach this monumental occasion with at least a hint of compassion and a gentle tone to my voice. I felt Ground Zero growl at me, my soul vibrating deep within me, clearly, he wasn't too happy with the approach I had taken either.

"No. I was just admiring how handsome you looked wreathed in fairy lights. This lighting really brings out your eyes. They're shining really bright." Shoto said nonchalantly, having no regard for the fact that his words would cause my face to explode with a blush bright enough to rival Eijiro's hair.