Chapter 41

"Toga," I growled lowly. I brought my sword up and pointed it at the vampire before me, "How the fuck did you get here?"

Toga giggled maniacally, "I disguised myself of course. It's my magic! Your soldier's blood was delicious by the way, it was so pure, untainted by the atrocities of the outside world!", I felt disgusted, my blood boiled just at the thought of Toga sucking the blood from one of my soldiers with the intention of disguising herself amongst my ranks.

I had met many vampires before, it was a given considering my tribe and I had travelled to all sorts of places. Just like humans, there were good vampires and bad vampires. There were those who drank animal blood and only drank the bare necessity from consenting humans, and then there were those who slaughtered the innocent mercilessly and left bloodless husks in their wake. It was clear what type of vampire Toga was.

"Fight me you asshole! I'll beat your ass and send your head back to Shigaraki!" I hissed venomously at my adversary. Toga's eyes sharpened with the intent to kill. Her needle-like canines glinted as she smirked at me.

"Try if you can, Katsuki Bakugo!"

Toga was not an easy opponent to fight against. Unlike her weak army members, who had done little more than rob the innocent and murder the defenceless, Toga had seen real combat before and she knew how to wield her weapons and use her body to her advantage. The vampire's movements were fluid as we engaged in the dangerous dance of death. Her blades sparkled in the pale sunlight as they slashed and hacked at me. Whilst it wasn't as efficient or easy, I was forced to duel wield both my sword and my dagger simultaneously, a feat I had done on occasion during training, but never in real combat.

We engaged in a terrifying tango across the battlefield. Every step was measured and predicted on both of our parts. I didn't allow Toga to move too close to me, all the while swiping and stabbing at her; and Toga manoeuvred around me, attacking my weak spots with shallow swipes, all the while trying to dodge the arc of my sword and dagger.

"I must say, you're much better than I gave you credit for!" Toga cackled, "I thought all you beasts knew was ripping people apart and transforming into your dreadful dragon forms."

"As if you have space to speak, bastard," I snarled through gritted teeth, "Last time I checked I didn't prance around sucking people dry of their own blood. That's disgusting!"

Toga didn't gratify me with a reply, she simply threw her head back and laughed uproariously, somehow still managing to scarcely dodge my attempt to cut off her head. I backed off for a second and took a moment to observe both the battlefield and the state my body was in.

Deku and Four Eyes had joined the fray now with their portion of the army. Bodies clashed to create a bloody scene. I knew that the grass below us would forever be stained with the atrocities of war. The earth and nature which wrapped us in their forgiving embrace tended to remember everything which occurred. Somehow, my army seemed to be prevailing, but barely. The tide of the battle could be swayed at any time, and the fact that two of those dark creatures still stood, battling against Eijiro, Hanta and Shoto, made the possibility of the battle being suddenly changed all the more likely.

I wasn't in a bad condition. Of course, I wasn't going to come away from my encounter with Toga with no wounds. A cut here, a scratch there. It was to be expected. None of my wounds were critical, they were all superficial and nowhere near enough to keep me down.

"Maybe I won't kill you, Tomura would love to kill you himself. I can't wait to watch it!" Toga's amber eyes gained a sadistic gleam as she licked her needle-like canines with a hungry expression on her face. Her actions did nothing but anger me more. Determination to slay the bitch where she stood pounded through me. I felt Ground Zero coil himself around me, gaining a minute amount of control over my body. We were going to kill the blood-sucking vampire in front of us and ensure that neither she nor her despicable master stepped foot in our Kingdom again.