An hour later, lunch was served and the entire family ate in silence. 

When they were done, Ariel took the dishes to the kitchen.

“Let me help,” Grey said from behind Ariel, startling her a little. “Sorry,” Grey made an apologetic face. 

“It's fine,” Ariel said. 

“Can I help?” Grey asked once more.

Ariel nodded her head. 

Anna and Elena watched their kids from afar with a smile on their faces.

When they were done washing the dishes, they entered the living room and Anna and Elena quickly turned their faces and pretended as if they were not staring at them. So did the rest of the family who was equally gazing at them. All of them pretended as if they were watching the show on the TV.

Grey decided to step outside for a while. He made his way to the door and left the house. He stood outside and glanced around as he took a deep breath. “This place is so comforting as compared to the demon zone,” he whispered. 

He wrapped his arms around himself and sighed. Michael was also standing outside, lost in his very own world. 

Grey had noticed that the Angel was not the speaking type and he constantly looked lost in thought every time he saw him.

Grey sighed as he averted his eyes from the Angel and looked elsewhere before he heard the front door click open. He turned to see the person coming out and realized it was his mother.

“Hey, son,” Anna said as she wrapped her arms around her body. “It's cold outside,” she murmured.

Grey glanced at his Mom before he spoke. “It's not that cold. I'm even enjoying it,” he said 

“I understand you do not experience cold that much, however, I do,” Anna said.

“I know. Mom, why did Dad strip you of your powers?” Grey asked. 

“It's not important, Grey,” Anna replied. “So what happened between you and Ariel?” she asked. 

“You are warding off the question once more, Mom,” Grey pointed out 

“I told you it's not important,” Anna said, slightly raising her voice. 

“Why are you getting all worked up about it then?” Grey questioned. 

“You are not listening to me, Grey. I don't want to talk about it,” Anna said as she remained adamant.

“You never want to talk about it,” Grey raised his voice too.

“Grey, stopped this argument right now,” Anna shouted.

Grey simply sighed and walked past his mom, venturing back into the house. He noticed the way Ariel and her family were looking at him. However, he refused to meet anybody's eyes as he made his way upstairs.

Ariel and her family heard their raised voices and Ariel was not feeling very uncomfortable due to the fact that she was aware Grey was upset.

“Go meet him,” Elena urged her daughter.

Ariel wasted no time in getting up as she made her way upstairs.

Grey's door was locked. Ariel took a deep breath before she knocked softly on the door. 

“I don't want to talk,” Grey's voice rang softly.

“I know,” Ariel said. “Just let me in,” she added.