xi

Orla had begun giving up hope on any information about a mole within her department or her fiances for that matter. There had been no news since the two teams paired up back in September. It was now the beginning of the new year and all of the hit wizards and aurors had returned back to work after their short Christmas break. Orla, on the other hand, was mentally drained as she had been working non-stop in an attempt to find a lead on the mole whilst no one was at work, to no avail.

In the four months, Orla had proven herself to be an efficient leader as she controlled her team of men whenever they would act out over Andrew's orders. Orla had also gained the trust of Astrix Black as he began to warm up to her, as for her relationships with Theo, Orsino, Charlie and Robbie, they were sawing through the roofs and the 5 of them plus Astrix all got along like a house on fire. Their friendship had also developed outside of work, often meeting up on their days off or popping out for lunch at the local pub.

Everything was good with Orla and her colleges, even her relationship with Theseus had turned into a good friendship like it was before they began dating. Theseus and Orla were able to become normal around each other again and Orla was there to comfort him when he would have an episode of anxiety. Although Theseus had started to heal from Leta's sudden death, things were still not right within him and although his relationships with his brother, best friend, ex-girlfriend and his colleague had improved in the few months that had passed, he had the constant fear something was going to happen to the people that surrounded him.

Orla found herself zoning out of the conversation she was having with Orsino and Charlie about the unnecessary early time of handing in paperwork to Travers. Ever since the hit wizard and auror teams had teamed up, Travers expected any new form of evidence, group reports and case files on his desk at 8:30 in the morning.

Orla zoned back into reality when she felt a pair of eyes on her, she gathered herself and scanned the room with her eyes, not moving her head so she could catch the person in the act. As Orla's eyes slowly but smoothly scanned the room, she noticed no one from the auror team was looking at her. Her eyes finally landed in the right corner and through the awkward vision of straining her eyes as she caught Astrix Black staring at her.

Orla ignored his gaze and turned her attention back to Orsino and Charlie as she stood up from Charlie's desk, "do you boys mind coming with me to have a private chat with me in my office?" Orla asked politely.

Orsino visibly gulped and nodded his head as he stood up from Charlie's desk, Charlie himself watched Orsino's reaction and slowly began to snicker to himself when he saw how nervous Orsino was from Orla's sudden desire to speak to the two of them alone in her office.

Charlie and Orsino follow Orla to her office, and Orla opens and holds the door open for them to come in. Orla catches her fiance's eye, who is giving her a questionable look. In return, Orla gives Andrew a reassuring smile and a nod, there was no funny business going on here, but Orla had only just realised how weird it looked that the three were suddenly going for a private conversation.

When Orla turns her back and closes the door, she sees Charlie heavily laughing at Orsino who is now pacing back and forth across the room, with his right index finger in his mouth as he bits away at his nail.

Orsino and Orla caught eye contact and she raises her eyebrow, completely confused as to why Orsino was stressing out so much. Orsino stops pacing and rushes over to Orla, when he reaches her both of his hands resting on her shoulders as though he was going to shake her body in a violent manner.

"Please, Orla," Orsino says, his eyes were bulging and his voice was filled with worry, "you have to believe me, I didn't mean to do it." Orsino removed his left hand from Orla's shoulder and used it to point at Charlie, "he made me do it! And Theo! And Astrix!"