v

The ring was the only thing on his mind as he reached the steamy bathroom. Orla had run him a bath and had set aside shampoo, a razor and shaving cream. Theseus' eyes landed on hers as he realised what was happening, he shook his head and began to protest.

"Theseus, get in the bath," Orla stated.

"I don't need a bath," Theseus argued, "I'm fine as I am, besides it's too late for that."

"It's too late to argue, I've filled the bath already," Orla sighed, "wouldn't it be a waste of water if you don't get in? Besides, you stink of sweat and body odour, your hair's greasy and you look scruffy with that horrible ginger beard."

Theseus rolled his eyes as he had yet another mini strop, but in the end, he agreed. Orla left him in the bathroom as he began to undress himself.

Orla looked down to the bottom of the stairs and saw that the light from the fireplace that was still burning. She quickly ran down the stairs and put out the fire. Whilst she was still there she walked into the kitchen and searched through the cupboards for a jug that she could use to wet Theseus' hair.

With the jug in hand, Orla headed back upstairs and into the bathroom where Theseus sat stiffly in the bath.

Orla watched him watch her as she came closer towards him, she filled the jug with the water from the bath and poured the lukewarm water over his head.

Orla repeated this again for safe measures and when she was happy with Theseus' hair being thoroughly wet, she squeezed some shampoo into her hand and rubbed her two hands together.

Orla's hands ran through Theseus' wet hair as she massaged the sweet citrus smelling shampoo into his head. Theseus' head leaned back into Orla's hands as she continued to massage the shampoo, he was becoming more relaxed and began to slip more into the bath.

"Close your eyes," Orla spoke softly.

She didn't wait to see if he had, instead she quickly filled the jug with water again and poured the water over Theseus' head. Orla continues to do this until she was sure every last sud was out of his hair.

Orla turned around and looked down at the toiletries she had brought out for Theseus', she picked up the bar of soap with her left hand and handed it to him without looking.

Theseus saw the soap come into view in the corner of his eye, as he went to grab the soap from her hand he looked to her finger and saw the very prominent tan line on her ring finger. A frown appeared on his face as he took the soap from her hand and dipped it into the water.

Orla watched as he hesitated and she realised what he was looking at. As she watched him run the bar of soap off of his top body, she began to fiddle with the skin at the bottom of her ring finger.

Orla didn't let her worries get the better of her and she picked up the shaving brush and dipped it into the cream. Her finger rested on the bottom of Theseus' chin and he looked up at her. Orla brushes the shaving cream onto his face, making sure to cover every inch of stubble on his lower face. Once she was happy with the coverage of the shaving cream over Theseus' face, she placed the brush down and picked up the razor.

She placed the razor gently onto his skin and aided it down his face. The blade ran nicely down his face and left a nice clean area of freshly shaven skin, she dipped the razor head into the water and splashed it about to remove the cream and hair and carried on shaving Theseus' face.

By the time she was finished, Theseus was a new man, he looked younger than he was and you could clearly see his freckles that were dotted all around his face. Orla handed Theseus a small, damp towel to soothe his face before he applied the moisturiser. As Theseus held the towel to his face, Orla placed a folded towel on the closed toilet seat lid and walked towards the door.

Orla walked out of the bathroom, closing the door behind her. She leaned up against the closed door and sighed loudly as she pondered whether to stay or go. Theseus needed her and she knew if she stayed it would go down well with Newt, Edmund and Minister Fawley.