xx

Orsino Macmillan was gone.

Dead.

She had not known sorrow of this kind since her mother's passing. She did not know who she was, even when she was staring back at her reflection. The sockets of her eyes as black as her sleepless nights, the palest hint of red flushed her hollowed cheeks, from the never-ending tears that slipped from her. She couldn't remember the past two weeks since that tragic night in the subway, she could only ever see the ceiling crashing and Charlie's hand reaching for Orsino's. The words of Astrix replayed in her mind every now and then, "he's dead, Orla." He said it so softly, as if the word of death alone was something so casual in each of their lives.

She knew that their lives were at stake before she even took on this mission, but she never expected for someone so pure and full of life to be stripped away from the cruelness of the world.

Orla's eyes followed the trace of her hands as she flattened out the dress of mourning, her figure had slimmed and didn't know when her last meal had been. Everything had been a blur.

A knock at her bedroom door startled her, most things did now. Through the reflection in the mirror, her fiance's head peered behind the door, a look of remorse and longing pondered in his eyes, but he knew not to push his limits. She was on thin ice with him, she had been since Orsino died, something that Robbie said had stuck with her. She couldn't quite blame Andrew for Orsino's death, but she had a new hatred for him, if he didn't call them to assist in the subway, Orsino would still be here. Orla is no coward, but she wish she was one that day.

"It's time to go," his voice was edgy, nerves escaping his lips. He had to tread water around her since Orsino had gone, "are you ready?"

Orla shook her head as the tears slipped past her eyes for the thousandth time that day, she wasn't ready to say goodbye, she never would be ready to say goodbye.

Andrew stepped back behind the door, leaving it ajar for her to follow him out and join him in the living room. She could hear the mumbles of the others in the living room; Astrix, Theo and Robbie, all coming to give her the support she so desperately needed. She did not have to hide her weaknesses around them, they understood her the most. They knew that her tears are a sign of true love and loyalty to Orsino, whether he is here or not.

Orla didn't recall leaving the bedroom, nor did she recall how she ended up with Astrix's arms wrapped firmly around her. One minute she was staring in Andrew's reflection and the next she was preparing to apparate out of her home.

Deep in the heart of Oxford, there stood a little wizarding community. Passers-by believed it to be a quiet, close-knit community and no one ever really wanted to stay there long. Magic works in mysterious ways, it keeps the muggles out and secrets in.

A small church stood before her, mourners passed her by, embarking on their way to say their final goodbye to Orsino. Everything was surreal, she had never expected to stand before this church just six months prior.

Astrix takes her hand, he knows not to say anything. His presence alone was enough to calm her. She could feel Andrew's daggers on her back, but she could not face him. She had to face her own music today, and this wasn't the time for Andrew's silly little games.

Soft hymns echoed through the church as they made their way to their seats. Orla slipped into the bench, sitting herself next to Charlie who looked equally as disturbed as she did. The tears reformed as she met his eyes. Their eye contact was brief, and her head was soon resting on his shoulder as they gripped each other's hands.

"We are gathered here today, to celebrate the life of Orsino Beauregard Macmillan," the priest spoke, "son of Adelaide and Keanu Macmillan, brother to Isabella, Francessa and Lainey Macmillan." There was a brief wave of silence as everyone focused their attention onto the man clad in white before Orsino's coffin. "Much like everyone in the room, Orsino attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, where he was sorted into Hufflepuff and thrived in his classes, most notably, charms, defence against the dark arts and the study of ancient runes. From successfully completing his education at Hogwarts, he joined the Ministry where he became a Hit Wizard, thriving on a team of highly skilled and intelligent wizards, in the act of catching criminals who threatened the security of our secret. I believe instead of his family, members of the Hit Wizard team have been asked to say some words, as they were the ones who were with him in his last moments."