The Gown- Chapter 9

""""""""""""""""""

Hey hey :)

I cannot explain how sorry I am for taking so long to update! I'm soooo sorry I had yearly exams and assignments and end of year speech and all that crap.... Well it's a nice and long chapter, so enjoy :)

"""""""""""""""""""""

The Gown- Chapter 9:

Sitting cross-legged on my bed, I scowled and glared at Zay, who was comfortably swinging on the striped hammock.

Dory had insisted that we have the 'privacy' of my room while we were studying. She had probably locked the door in on me.

"Your room, huh?" Zay looked around clearly impressed.

"No it's not my room." I said sarcastically, "It's the freaking kitchen."

"When Zay didn't answer, I snarled, "Are we going to work on the assignment, or not? Because if we aren't, excuse me while I jump out of the window."

"Where are your books?" He asked calmly, intently looking at me with twinkling eyes.

"They're right here, you idio-" I paused halfway through my insult.

Zay smiled at me smugly, "Not so idiotic after all."

"Where. Are. My. Books."

"You left them in class when you went to the bathroom." He replied, still wearing that annoyingly hot smile. And somehow, I sensed that he was leaving out some vital information.

I raised an eyebrow at him expectantly.

"And thanks to my amazing kindness," Zay continued, "I brought them with me."

"Hand them over, Chip." I popped the p, reciting a line from the movie, 'Johnny English: Reborn'.

Oh the good times Kenny and I had watched hilarious comedies together, stuffing caramel popcorn down each other's backs and squirting Pepsi in each other's eyes. Mental note to have another of those nights with a couple of our new friends.

"Sure thing, Johnny.' answered Zay, with a sly wink. I frowned. I had hoped for the element of surprise there.

Zay reached into his ragged G-Star school bag and pulled out a few books and papers. Just as he was about to hand over my belongings, he quickly snatched them away.

"What do I get if I hand them over?" He asked with a crafty expression.

I rolled my eyes, "What happened to Zay's amazing kindness, quote unquote?"

"What do I get if I hand them over?" he repeated, looking like a fat kid in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.

I mumbled a low, "Thanks."

"Aww man, what happened to the old-fashioned thank-you kisses?" Laughed Zay humorously.

I scoffed, "The illegalising of prostitution, that's what happened."

"Well if I'm stuck with a boring 'thank you', I might as well as have it said with a hint of authenticity." This guy is horribly frustrating! Have I cared to establish that yet?

"Oh damn thee." I said angrily. Crap oh holy crap.

Zay guffawed, "What the hell was that?"

"Oh frack that." I muttered feeling goaded.

Zay laughed even harder, "What the hell was THAT?"

I groaned feeling fed up, walked up to Zay and flipped the hammock over, sending him sprawling onto the wood of my floorboards.