The Gown- Chapter 7

"""""""""""""""""""

Hello hello hello!

This chapter is jam-packed with goodies and is probably my LONGEST so you won't be bored :)

Also, I'd like to thank GirlGotSpunk for the amaaaaazing cover she's made for me.

I really think you should check out her work :)

Well my fantastic readers....

ENJOOOOYYY!!!!

"""""""""""""""""""

The Gown- Chapter 7:

"Harley..." I whispered into the wind, feeling alone.

By now I was shivering uncontrollably and what had felt like a nice breeze, now felt like a strong freezing wind.

I shuffled inside the mansion and watched as people danced and girls swayed their hips to the crap they call music.

I mean seriously, does no-one appreciate real music? I mentally hummed Sitting by Cat Stevens and clutched my iPhone in my hand.

A new message. Oh yeah, I recall my phone vibrating when that stupid fight between Zay and Dan happened.

It was from Janise and it read:

"AMBERLEY, I'VE ATTACHED THE ADDRESS 4 THE HOSPITAL WE'RE AT. COME HERE RIGHT NOW! YOUR FATHER HAS HAD A SEIZURE :(

TOODLES, BUB :)"

My heart plummeted and immediately my heart beat exceedingly increased. My legs felt like jelly and like they could no longer support me, so I was really surprised when I sprinted off to my new car.

I needed to get to the hospital. And fast. I tried to hold the keys in my trembling hands, but they just kept on falling to the ground.

I bent down to pick them up, when I felt a strong, soft hand pull me up, and pick up the keys.

I found myself staring into Zay's kind and worried eyes. He faintly smelt like smoke, so he must've been out here smoking.

"Amber, what's wrong?"

Okay, there were 3 good signs there in those 3 words:

1. Zay hadn't called me Ammo, which showed that he was seriously worried.

2. Zay hadn't asked me 'Are you okay?' ( Like what the hell's up with that. As if I'm bawling my eyes out 'cause ya the world is amazing and the sun is shining in the land of unicorns and hot-damn princes. Seriously dude.) That shows he is considerate.

3. I still didn't forgive him.

Also, I absolutely HATED being comforted, except for by my mother but she's dead now, so that means no comforting for me. None.

"Just go away." I said coldly. "You're unwanted."

Hurt flashed in his eyes, but I must've imagined it, since he replied in a neutral tone, "I'll drive."

Does this guy freaking not get it?

"I already made it clear. You're unwanted-" It would have amazingly effective if my voice hadn't broken at the end of it.

Zay winced, but once again, I must've been imagining it because he replied in that neutral tone, with added firmness, "You aren't in a state to drive."

I sighed and followed Zay to the car. I watched as he opened the door, then stared at him unabashedly.

Zay smirked at me, "Although you probably deemed it impossible, my mama taught her boys manners."