The Gown- Chapter 2

The Gown- Chapter 2:

It was all so white. A crisp white... Was I in heaven? Had I died? My eyes focused on the site before me, so I was no longer seeing everything in a dizzying white blur

Oh. Recognition sunk in. I wasn't in heaven. I was in the sick room. I suddenly heard two nearing voices.

"Is she awake yet?" said the first voice, a worried, high-pitched voice.

"I'll check," replied the second male voice, with a confident, old-fashioned British accent.

The two men advanced towards me, voice one clearly belonging to a man in a navy pinstriped suit, whose thick hair was greyed and had small alert eyes. 'Principal Simons' I mentally decided.

The second guy looked about 21 and was dazzling dazzling dazzling. He was naturally tanned and had hypnotising and glittering ocean bluish-green eyes.

He had a spectacularly fit body, and was extremely tall, but not overly tall. His hair was a sandy brown colour, and he was dressed in.... scrubs?

Oh my God, he's a nurse! He's THE nurse! Okay, I have officially had three revelations right this moment:

1. A hot male nurse is walking towards me at this moment. Hell, a hot British male nurse.

2. I seriously have to stop elaborating on how guys look. It was freaking me out.

3. What was it with gorgeous guys and this school!?

"Ms Morrison?" said Principal Simons, "You've been unconscious for the last 10 minutes. We think it must have been the travel. That is, Jayden and I. He's the new nurse here at Ivory Prep."

"Oh, uh nice to meet you Principal Simons... and Jayden."

Jayden bowed courteously and gallantly. I continued, "Has class started yet?"

Mr. Simons looked at his expensive-looking watch, "In five minutes exactly." replied the Principal reluctantly. He turned towards Jayden, directing his question towards him, "Is she fine to go to class?"

"After a few questions, she'll be perfectly able to." replied Jayden neutrally.

"Well in that case, I'll be off then." answered Mr. Simons merrily, his uncertainty evidently erased from his thoughts.

Jayden motioned with his hands, so as to ask if he was allowed to sit next to me and when I nodded, he ventured.

I felt my heart fluctuate and my stomach felt fluttery out of the blue. This wasn't normal. I never react like this to guys. Never ever. And I hated not being in control of myself. I hated it like hell.

"So Amberley, does this happen very often?" Jayden asked softly.

I shook my head. "No, no it doesn't," I suddenly felt very small vulnerable.

That was serious, what I had experienced back there. It wasn't a joke.

"Do you want to talk about it?", he continued, using that soft tone, which made you want to talk, whether you originally planned to or not.

I nodded my head silently, feeling like a little child, "Jayden... I'm scared. Really scared."

"Why do you feel like that?"

" I..." I took a deep breath. I wasn't going to care if I sounded like a weirdo (not that I wasn't one already), "I heard voices. They were so... out of this world. I can't explain it. There was this light, that seemed to come out of me, but it was blinding me at the same time."

Jayden nodded, as though it was perfectly fine to rant about this sort of thing. I didn't want to sound like a whacko.

Nor did didn't want to be at Ivory Prep. I didn't want to meet all these people. I didn't want to live in New York. I wanted to go back home. My real home.