The Gown- Chapter 13

""""""""""""""""""""""""

Hello and happy new year :D.

This chapter is dedicated to WynterMelody, for helping me out with Amber's actress in the cast... Thanks heaps Wynter! Oh and she was very supportive in commenting and voting so once more thank you :)

It's a bit of a short chapter (the anecdote at the end is a bit long)

Happy reading!

P.S. Make sure to read the anecdote at the end ;)

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""

The Gown- Chapter 13:

"Look," Zay said seriously, "I can't help it. My powers are completely futile without the wand being filled with fairy blood."

"How can you live with yourself, knowing that the blood of an innocent victim is always being carried around with you?" I asked, feeling both aghast and outraged.

Zay stared at me, with a slight expression of guilt, "I'll be right back."

"Just walk away from your problems." I muttered in an undertone. 'Just like I walk away from mine,' I added internally.

I watched as Zay approached Mr. Grape and excused himself from class.

Mr. Grape seemed to be asking Zay something, before he turned to a workbench where Bry and the freckled girl I had seen before were working together.

Mr. Grape, and both Zay and Bry disappeared into the equipment room, re-appearing with Zay and Bry holding something huge, covered with a protective cloth. It was most likely the new microscope Mr. Grape had been gloating about for the past week.

The two guys both exited from the classroom, and I sighed, raising my hand. Mr. Grape's gaze turned to me sharply, then shifted to a different workbench, completely ignoring me.

This dude was probably the first that was not a total suck-up or simply the first to be rude to me. I wonder if he knew that my dad was a scientist, working in the field of genetic engineering? I mean, it was within biology, right? I was curious to find out.

I neutrally walked up to Mr. Grape, and watched as he gave me a sharp questioning gaze, "What do you want?"

"Sorry sir, I was wondering if you could come over to my workbench to see the model Zay and I... constructed?" I asked, politely.

"I'm busy." he replied flatly.

"Oh." I answered, dumbstruck at his frank reply. It reminded me of how I am with Zay. Was I really that snotty?

"Perhaps you know my father?" I asked, feeling a bit funny.

Ever since I came to this school, I have actually come to play the rich family card. In fact, I've played it twice! All my life I've tried to hide the fact that I came from a wealthy family, yet here I was practically advertising it.

"No," replied Mr. Grape uncaringly,"I haven't. God, I'm sick of you students boasting about your CEO fathers."

"Uh, my dad's not a CEO sir. He's a scientist." I watched with amusement as his eyes seemed to light up.

My biology teacher pushed his glasses further up his ruddy pumpkin nose, before asking curiously, "And what is his name?"

"Oh it's just Professor Walter Morrison." I replied casually, with a dismissive flick of my hand.

"Surely not THE widely-acclaimed Professor Walter Q Morrison, of genetic engineering?" asked Mr. Grape, with wide-eyes and an incredulous tone of voice.