The Gown- Chapter 3

The Gown- Chapter 3:

I buried my hands in my face, feeling humiliated and like every teenager in the world, tried to wish myself anywhere but here. My locker, for instance, where I was supposed to be, not bawling my eyes out in front of Zay

The minute I was assured Zay was gone, I removed my hands from my face and saw that I was right in front of my locker. This was weird. Weird as hell.

What the heck was happening to me?

First it was dad hating being around me in an ever more drastic way and then Dory feeling relieved about me leaving the house, then the voices and the excruciating otherworldly back pain

Now all of a damn sudden I could wish myself away and have it come true?

There must be a logical explanation to it. There really must be. It was, it was... I didn't know what the hell it was! I must be going crazy.

I really had to see a doctor. It was becoming ridiculous and I had to... Oh my Lord. How could I have been so stupid?

Jayden probably wasn't just being intentionally mysterious and sexily cryptic. He had some answers. And I needed them now. I needed them badly.

I opened my locker and grabbed my books, my hands trembling with utter fear.

"So, new girl, why's that ugly little face of yours blotched?" drawled a condescending voice sweetly, "Did you just get rejected by Zay?"

"Back off barbie toy." I muttered irritably, "I'm not in the mood for your little games."

"Oh it speaks!" Veronica exclaimed in mockery, "New girl, new girl, new girl," Veronica shook her head 'sadly', "When will you learn to respect your higher authorities?"

I rolled my eyes and she continued, "Maybe, just maybe, it will be in your favour, for me to kindly let you know that," Veronica slightly motioned her head to one of the two girls besides her, "Hayley has her iPhone in her hand right this moment." Her voice turned nasty, "Any wrong move you make, the story of you being rejected by Zay, will be sent to every single student in Ivory Prep."

She changed her voice again to that horrible condescending voice, "It's just one teeny weeny touch away,"

"You listen to me, barbie toy, don't you try and blackmail me. I've got connections as well as you. In fact, I've got two countries worth. So go use your moves on someone more deserving. Though I'm pretty sure the only thing that deserves to be spoken to in that disgusting manner is the rubbish in the trash can. Or someone as horrid as you!" Horrid was pretty much my favourite word.

Veronica smiled evilly, and I knew that I had pushed it way too much for my first day at school.

She uttered two words which marked the beginning of our never-ending feud, "Do it."

Hayley touched her iPhone screen and I bolted.

I ran straight past the science lab for my chemistry lesson. I ran past the cafeteria, the sick room, and the office. I ran and ran. I stood in the parking lot and squeezed my eyes shut.

Then I wished as hard as I can. I wished that I was in my bed, snuggling cosily and trying to forget the terrible sequence of events.

I opened my eyes to see the same old parking lot.

Who was I kidding? Wishes coming true my backside. This was the worst day of my life.

And I had the biggest feeling that there was going to be a whole lot more where that came from

***

That Saturday morning, I put on my running shoes, my most comfy Hollister track pants and a tank top which wrote 'Don't talk to me. I'm PMS-ing', which was pretty darn accurate.