Chapter 2- "The British are coming"

Start from the beginning

 Luke let go of the girl, and instead of running to her home and parents she ran towards her brother. She stumbled a few times as she ran the short distance, but eventually leveled out and barreled towards her brother and Zayn. She practically threw herself at him, causing both him and Zayn to stumble back a few steps but she clung to him. It reminded me of how a kraken wrapped around a ship only to drag it down into the depths of the sea. She was the kraken. She was sobbing now, strands of hair falling into her bright red face. She weakly punched Harry’s chest a few times while muttering about how he was an idiot. I couldn’t say I didn’t agree, but he knew what he was doing. He didn’t know what was coming, but he did know that this wouldn’t be a walk on the beach. He had seen and heard the threats of what she would be what she would have to do- he knew that we weren’t kind. I’m sure he expected to be used for the same things: whoring out for the money. He wouldn’t be entirely wrong, but he wasn’t right either.

 She sobbed harshly, their parents watching with tears in their own eyes. It was something straight out of a play- that guy, what was his name, Shakespeare, yes his plays. I could say I was all for heartfelt goodbyes, but I’d be lying. They would get over this ‘loss’ soon enough, they always did. Human kind were all about what they could have, nothing is sentimental for anyone. I’ve learned it the hard way. They would know he isn’t dead, and when he does his family can have him back. They can say goodbye in any way they please, I had no business with that. We didn’t have the time for this.

 I jerked my head backwards, gesturing that we really had to go.  Zayn jerked him away, causing the girl to collapse to the ground in a sobbing mess. I smirked, but rolled my eyes at the girl who looked like she would start screaming at any moment. The boy stumbled, and I was afraid that he would end up getting hurt- I don’t do damaged goods. I liked to be the one to break my new toys in.

“Oi, careful would ya? Don’t break him.” I insisted, glancing at the boy for a moment after speaking. He seemed slightly grateful, and I couldn’t have believing things would be fun- false advertisement wasn’t my forte. “That’s my job.” I finished, smirking at the end. His eyes widened, fear crashing over the breathtaking green. He was already regretting his choice, and we hadn’t even started yet. He’ll learn fast enough, he seemed like a smart kid. He was just idiotically ‘brave’. Luke pet his face teasingly, smirking as he flinched away from his touch. Now that he had no one to fool, he could really show he was scared. Oddly enough, he didn’t seem too scared. Most people would have been shitting themselves in fear by now, and all he did was flinch away. He was something else, and I was excited to see how long he would last.

“Cute.” He mumbled, smirking wickedly. He surely was. Yep, he was by far the better prize, and I would definitely have fun with this one. It wasn’t often that we had prisoners, and none had been much fun. They were all weak, broke far too easily. This one looked like he would put up a little bit of a fight, and it would be an interesting thing to see. Hopefully we wouldn’t have to kill him only a week in like all the others. The list of previous prisoners was short, very short, short enough to count on one hand. It was a waste honestly, but this one had me thinking differently. I hoped he was as much fun as I desired him to be.

We walked briskly, weaving in and out of the crowd of the market. Too much time had passed, this exchange was meant to be quick and that stupid boy had ruined that. There was no doubt that the Reds knew we were here, it was just a matter of timing now. I hoped we wouldn’t have to run into them. I wasn’t in the mood for a slaughter, besides we had a prisoner and it would be even harder to fight with him here. But I would not lose my prize. A flash of red caught my attention and I groaned. They had found us, I knew we had taken much too long.

“Damn it all to hell. They’re here. Luke, you take the boy, get him to the ship and stay out of sight. You, Harry, will do as he says and put up no fight or I swear I will slaughter your entire family before your eyes. Zayn you’re with me.” I commanded, and everyone nodded- Harry’s filled with fear. I smirked; watching as Zayn practically threw the boy at Luke but said nothing. I was too focused on getting out of here. I watched the boy stumble but not fall. Luke caught him fairly well, but turned to walk away- he looked like he had forgotten that Harry was a prisoner. But Harry followed behind, keeping up with Luke and I smirked. Maybe he wouldn’t have to be broken in just yet, only because he hadn’t tried to run.