30 & thirty two

Harry woke up first, as always.

It was only five in the morning, but he couldn't stop staring out of the window into the blue tinted garden and the starry sky that was slowly turning lighter minute after minute.

He turned his head and sighed, looking at the angel who was sleeping beside him; unruly hair, slightly parted lips and hands tucked under the head.

You're beautiful.

Harry whispered even though he knew Louis was deep asleep.

He found himself tracing Louis' cheekbones and his nose, a smile creeping up his face as he listened to the quiet, little breaths of his husband.

He looked so peaceful and young like this, Harry thought, only the few more crinkles by Louis' eyes and mouth were indicating the time that had passed and the smiles and laughs along the way.
They reminded them forever of the moments they had spent together.

Was Harry crazy for thinking that these small crinkles were one of the most beautiful things he'd ever seen?

No.

Just crazy in love.

He hoisted his covers over Louis before he got up, because he knew he could get easily cold in the morning. Then Harry slipped into the hall.

He peeked into Andrew's room, seeing him fast asleep on his tummy, his face covered with coily hair and he took a look into Harper's room, she was passed out with the covers kicked off.

Harry smiled softly and then he creeped downstairs, taking the rain coat from the rack and slipping it over his pajamas and putting on old boots.

Pebbles was asleep in her little bed and Harry petted her softly behind the ear.

Next he stepped outside into the garden, walking over to his flower bed. Some Petals were closed up, Harry liked to be here in the early morning. It felt like they were asleep too.

It felt like everybody was asleep right now in the world. The birds in the trees and the bugs and bees, the neighbours were asleep too and so were Lou and the kids.
Except Harry, Harry was awake.

When he was a kid, he woke up this early too and he planned his whole day. The plan usually consisted of spending time with Louis, whatever it was, Louis and his fun ways always needed to be apart of it.

Harry felt that way still. Oh, how lucky he was to have married that Idiot, he thought to himself.
But he really felt lucky.

He had a family now, he couldn't have wished for a better one.
The kids were everything; his joy and life.

Andrew was getting more energetic day by day, Harry hadn't thought that was possible.
But the rascal was running around outside with Pebbles all morning, playing with his friends from preschool in the afternoon and at dinner he'd leave one cheeky remark after another, until Louis would poke and tickle him.

Harper was in school now, she was a big girl already. She was taking the bus to school and she insisted on packing her own lunch box everyday - though, Harry was helping her and making sure to put some apple slices and carrots inside too.

How time flies.

It felt like only yesterday when they got to meet little Harper for the first time.
She had been quiet and observant, but after they had spent time with each other more often, she started to warm up to them and let Harry and Louis in.

And at the same time they got to meet cute, little Andrew, who had always wanted Harry and Louis to play with him while he was babbling on innocently.

And as fate would have it, Andrew and Harper had been inseparable as friends. And it had sort of been an unsaid agreement between Harry and Louis, that they couldn't possibly decide to only adopt Harper or only Andrew.
No, they'd come to love them both from the start.

Thinking back, Harry's heart swelled.
Just with love and gratefulness and luck.

He watched the sunrise from the bench in the front yard and he took Pebbles on a walk.
He stopped by a bakery and bought croissants and scones for breakfast.

When he and Pebbles arrived back home it was still quiet inside, Harry sneaked upstairs and slipped back in bed, scooting into Louis' warm chest.

Louis hummed approvingly and nuzzled his face into his husband's shoulder.

You're back.

He yawned and Harry chuckled.

How are the flowers?

Sleeping.

Harry said, turning in Louis' arms.
He smiled, eyes scimming over Louis' face.

Louis smiled back, eyes heavy from sleep and he leaned forward pressing a chaste kiss to Harry's smiling lips.

So pretty.

He whispered, before he bobbed Harry's nose lovingly and 'phew' how could that still make Harry's insides tingle. His smile spread wider and he stared back into Louis' eyes.

They stayed eyes locked, breathing calmly, a soft, adoring smile on their lips and their eyes filled with so much... so much, enough words were said in that moment.

Then Harry pulled Louis into his chest, squeezing him so tightly one might suffocate, but Louis laughed into his neck, arms wrapping around Harry just as tightly, until their embrace loosened and they stayed entangled.

Then suddenly the door cracked open and two pairs of small feet pattered into the bedroom.
A few giggles were heard before two children's body's slipped under the covers with Louis and Harry.

It was the perfect Sunday morning.

-

That's it, the end :(

Thank you so much for reading this far!
I really, really hope you enjoyed this story. I must say, I'm sort of proud of this fic :)

It would mean a lot if you could give me a vote or comment; I'd love to hear your thoughts about this.

Thank you again for reading and lots of love!

K<33