29 & thirty one

Harry?
Haz, wake up.

Louis whispered softly.

We need to get the kids to bed.

Harry felt Louis stroking his cheek softly and he carefully peeked an eye open.

Both Harper and Andrew were curled up on the couch, wrapped into a big blanket and Pebbles lay next to them on the floor.

Harry scooped Harper into his arms while Louis carried Andrew upstairs.

Louis knew to be careful where he stepped in Andrew's bedroom, since the 4-year-old's room was scattered with all sorts of toys.
Telling him to tidy up was just as hopeless as telling Harper to let go of her stubbornness.

Louis put the sleeping boy into his race car bed and made sure he was nicely tugged into his blanket.

He sat there for a moment and stroked over his son's coily hair.

Sometimes Louis felt like he needed to take a second and realize that he was a father now.
He couldn't be happier.

He watched Andrew huff quietly with his mouth slightly open and his cheeks puffed.
He looked like an angel now and far less like the little troublermaker he liked to be.
Louis smiled.

Then Louis pressed a kiss to Andrew's temple and turned of the lights.

When Louis closed the door he heard the soft talking from Harper's bedroom next door and he stopped in the hallway to listen.

...and the butterfly flew from blossom to blossom until he got tired in the evening. And he went to sleep so he could fly some more the next day.

What're your favourite flowers, dad?

Harper asked sleepily.

Daisies...

Louis whispered to himself.

My favourite
flowers are daisies.

Harry answered and Louis could here the smile in his voice.

'N why?

Harper asked again.
Louis smiled at the innocent curiosity of his 5-year-old daughter.

He wasn't sure but he guessed Harry liked daisies the best because they were cute and simple in comparison to other flowers.

But Louis didn't know a lot about flowers, though he liked to listen to his husband ranting on about them all the time. He was just more focused on seeing that spark in Harry's eyes when he spoke. And that exciment in Harry's smile when Louis remembered the name of a rare flower Harry had taught him some time ago.

Louis took a step closer and peeked through the door gap.
He saw Harry sitting at the side of Harper's bed, running his fingers through her dark silky hair.

Louis smiled and listened closely for Harry's answer.

Well, there're my favourite flowers, because daddy once gave me a daisy when I was sad and tugged it behind my ear.

And from that day on I loved flowers and especially daisies because they reminded me that I didn't have to be sad, when I had people like daddy.

Harry's words tugged at Louis' heart. No, could it be true that, he was actually the reason for Harry's passion for flowers and daisies?

That the little gesture from when they were so young had such an impact on Harry?

Now it's time to sleep,
I'm not telling you any more stories today.

Harry chuckled and pulled the blanket over a pouting Harper.

M'kay...

She sulked a little.

-But tomorrow you tell me more 'bout flowers.

Alright, I'll tell you more.
Now go to sleep,
you little butterfly.

Harry kissed her forehead and tickled her neck slightly, making Harper giggle.

Goodnight, dad.

Goodnight, Harper,
sweet dreams.

Harry looked to his daughter one last time before closing the door behind him.

When he looked up he found Louis standing in front of him and he smiled placing his hands on Louis' hips.

Louis looked him in the eyes, his lips slightly parted as if he was deep in thought.

I didn't know that you loved daisies because of me...

He said in a whisper and Harry's lips curled into a wide and warm smile.

I love a lot of things
because of you, boo.

He replied softly and pressed a kiss to his husband's lips.

When he pulled back he found Louis grinning back at him.
He shrieked when he was attacked with kisses down his neck and tickles under his arms.

Lou, the kids.

He giggled and next thing he gasped as he was picked up by Louis.

You can't carry me.
I'm way too big for you.

Harry laughed, but Louis only huffed carrying him further into their bedroom.

What do you mean?
You're not too big for me, I'm massive.

Babe, you're 5 ft-

-9.

Lou, you're not 5'9"-

Shut up and kiss me already.

He didn't have to say
that twice.

-

Typical husband and dad tingzz ;)
Feel free to comment or vote, thank you so much for reading.
K<3