25 | It Is Far Harder To Kill A Phantom Than Reality

Start from the beginning

Ah, right. Accidental magic. Just another case of him being trouble even when he didn't mean to be.

Thinking of them wasn't the problem though, Harry reflected. The problem was that he had too many to think of, and none he wished to talk about. Not that he would tell Snape that.

"If you require prompting then so be it," Snape sighed exasperatedly, though Harry's own inward sigh was one of relief. "I understand during your third-year, the Accidental Magic Reversal Department was summoned to your residence."

Harry's lips almost twitched into a smile. Alright, his accidental magic had gotten him into plenty of messes, but the change of 'I'm going to prison' to 'you're off the hook' had left him positively giddy back then. And of course, seeing Aunt Marge inflated like a monstrous balloon and flying away screaming had been pretty brilliant.

"I blew up my aunt."

"You blew up Petunia?" asked Snape incredulously, though Harry thought he sounded almost joyous about it too.

"No, my uncle's sister," corrected Harry, and Snape looked near disappointed now. "How do you know my Aunt Petunia?"

A nasty look crossed the man's face. "We have been... acquainted. Unfortunately. Though she is perhaps the last person I would apply the term 'acquaintance' with."

Snape didn't sound at all happy about his aunt. Merlin, the way he spoke of her more insinuated they despised each other— they clearly had history. Had they gone through some sticky break-up or something?

Oh, no no no—  if they'd gone through a breakup then that meant they must have dated and dear Merlin on a flying baguette, Harry was going to simply die if his aunt and Snape had dated. Had they dated? Oh Merlin, had they kissed?

"You didn't date my aunt, did you?" he exclaimed.

Snape's expression contorted into one of horror and mortification. "No, Potter! We did not date!"

Have you ever even dated?

"POTTER!"

Oh shit.

Harry clapped his hand over his mouth, having suddenly realised what he'd said aloud. "I didn't—I'm sorry, I swear—you can date whoever—"

"Potter, shut up."

Harry shut up.

Snape, still looking quite traumatised from his question, closed his eyes and took a deep, deep breath. Harry kept his hands over his mouth until Snape reopened his eyes to glare at him.

"Seeing that freedom of speech is a right gifted to all humans, regrettably including yourself, you may desist in your endeavour in looking more like an idiot than per and remove your hands from your mouth, Mr Potter."

Harry moved his hands away slowly. Snape had put in about three insults into one very long sentence, and that was never good.

"May I remind you that your initial attempt into prying into my personal life did not end well. For anybody."

Harry recoiled at the reminder—it's all your fault—he hadn't mastered Occulemency and Sirius had—