Chapter Twenty-Three

Chapter Twenty-Three: Daughter

☜☆° ♬ °☆ °♬ °☆☞

"Benedict Miguel. "I said with a confirmation to myself.

Napabuntong-hininga ako ng dahil doon. I told myself that I shouldn't care about that note, even though I want to comfort the owner of it. Now I know who is it, how can I comfort him if the reason behind it is-no! I must be mistaken. I can't and I won't accept this to myself. I am not the reason of it, right?

What the hell?! This is driving me nuts!

( > . < )

"So many times I wanted to
Put my arms around you
just to be close to you
And in my head it's just you and I
And I don't know why I feel this way~"

Muli akong napabaling sa stage ng marinig muli ang malamig na boses ni Benedict. Ngunit agad ko din pinagsisihan ang pagbaling ko doon ng makita ang mga titig niya. I still see his pain through his eyes, and I hate to see it.

"Now I'm in the corner watching you smile
Watching you smile, yeah
Now I can't get over you
I'm losing my mind, but~" He sang it so sadly and looked down on his guitar.

Napabaling ako sa mga tao nanonood sa paligid ng stage, ng makita ang iilang mga titig na nagmumula doon. Ang ilang mga tumititig ay animo'y nagtatanong at nagtatakha sa kung anong mayroon, samantalang ang karamihan ay nanggawad ng mga masasamang tingin.

Napakunot ang noo ko ng madaanan ng paningin ko ang iilang grupo ng mga kababaihan, nasa tingin ko ay mga nanggaling dito sa Burgeon High, ang nagbubulungan habang ginagawaran ako ng mga masasamang tingin.

Ano na naman bang problema ng mga 'to? Bakit pa nga ba ako nagtatakha? Kahit naman wala akong gawin may nasa sabi sila.

( - . - )

I almost rolled my eyes because of the thought in my head.

"All of the things that I wish I could tell you
Every time when you're passing me by
I fall in love, there's something about you
I wish you were mine~"

Nawala lang ang atensyon ko sa mga tao sa paligid ng may ma-aninag akong isang babae, hindi kalayuan sa dedication booth, na direktang-direktang nakatingin sa'kin. At first, I though she was looking at Hara, but when I moved to my left, her eyes followed me and there I confirmed that I'm the one she's looking at.

Pinanliitan ko ang aking mga mata upang makita ng malinaw ang kaniyang mukha. She's wearing a black fitted jeans, purple hoodie jacket and her hair is tied into a high pony. Napakunot ang noo ko ng ma-realize na pareho kami ng suot at ayos ng buhok, our only difference was the color of our hoodie jacket. Her's purple while mine's light blue.

"And if I only could be there to hold you
It feels like I stop breathing
when you're around
I'm in love, there's something about you~"

I think she's not from here 'cause she's not familiar to me, o baka naman hindi ko lang siya napapansin. Kung student siya ng Burgeon High, maybe she's a transferee. If not, I'm pretty sure she's an outsider.

Inilingon niya sa kaniyang kaliwa ang paningin kaya napalingon din ako doon. My eyes immediately met Benedict's. He's still looking at me with his painful eyes and I can't bear looking at them, that's why I instantly looked away.