fifteen

supernatural ; jane

⠀⠀⠀Calum ended up with a knife to his arm. He had a healing scar there, and it made the scar, now a slash, even worse. Calum had reached out for Lyen's throat, who quickly moved out of the way. Carlos suddenly pulled out a knife from the middle of nowhere and cut it into Calum's skin. Lyen then laughed and said, "Until next time," before they disappeared. Jake was quick to go fetch a bandage for Calum, and as everyone rushed to his aid I couldn't move.

⠀⠀⠀Yes, I was relieved that Lyen was okay wither me knowing about his kind, but that wasn't enough to stop me from having a panic attack. Images of Calum with knives and blood pouring out from all places of his body filled my mind.

⠀⠀⠀And it was all because of me.

⠀⠀⠀Calum had gotten hurt and had been though pain so many times because of me. Why couldn't I fight for myself?

⠀⠀⠀I heard his voice, he was yelling my name. I couldn't bring myself to actually hear the sentences he spoke but it must have been something along the lines of, "Bring her to me," because someone wrapped their arms around me and placed me in Calum's lap.

⠀⠀⠀I felt him wince from pain as soon as I was pressed against him, and I instantly tried to move but he pulled me back. With one hand he pulled my legs around so I had his body in between them. He reached up to my face and cupped my cheek, stroking gently with his thumb.

⠀⠀⠀"Baby, Annie, look at me. Please, babe." Calum softly whispered. I looked at his eyes and slowly felt myself calming down. Once my breathing was steady I heard him let out a sigh. "You all good?"

⠀⠀⠀I nodded. "I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry."

⠀⠀⠀And that's how we once again ended up in my bedroom, laying on my bed, not speaking, just enjoying our own company. Calum's fingers were tracing light patterns into my sweatpant covered thighs, and it tickled after a while, causing me to smile. Cal's eyes darted up to mine and he smiled at me, leaning over to leave a quick kiss on my lips.

⠀⠀⠀I sighed, licking my lips. "Do you want to cook something great?"

⠀⠀⠀Calum laughed, nuzzling his head under mine and against the pillow. I could feel his breathing on the back of my neck, and I pulled my hand up to his jawline as he lightly kissed down my throat. "I can't cook, sweetheart." He whispered.

⠀⠀⠀"You killed the moment, God Calum," I groaned, lightly pushing at his shoulder. "You can watch slash help me make enchiladas for lunch, okay?" I offered, sitting up and pulling a hoodie over my head. I stood up and grabbed Calum's hand, attempting to pull him up.

⠀⠀⠀"Do you even lift?" Calum said tiredly. I laughed lightly before waiting for him to stand up and put on a pair of socks before he grabbed my hips and walked closely behind me. He struggled to get down the stairs and he kept groaning every time I accidentally stood on his feet. "It'd be easier if you just let go of me," I laughed, turning my head to look at him.

⠀⠀⠀"Shut up," he mumbled, picking me up and putting me on his shoulders. I squealed and he chuckled before grabbing my hands and helping me stay balanced on him as he walked throughout the house. When we were in the kitchen, he lowered himself down and I stood on the counter. I turned around and then Calum picked me up and placed me on the floor. I jumped at the cold tiles, and Calum took the advantage of kissing me, I giggled a little before kissing him back.

⠀⠀⠀He tried to reach for my face with his hands but I just intertwined them with mine and pushed his whole body away from me. I ran around the corner of the counter and grabbed out all the ingredients for our enchiladas. When I turned around, Calum had his chin in his palm and he was just watching me with a small smile on his face. I blushed before accidentally tripping over my feet on my way to get the pots out. Calum laughed at me.