fourteen (pt. 2)

supernatural ; hood

⠀⠀⠀"We need to leave?" I asked as soon as Annie went up to the teacher to show her finished work sheet.

⠀⠀⠀Ashton nodded. "Jake sent me a message. He wants us all together. With Annie."

⠀⠀⠀I took a deep breath as she had come to sit back down next to me, with a new sheet of questions. "What's wrong with you guys?" she asked as I rest my head on her shoulder.

⠀⠀⠀"Annie, babe, I need you to ask the teacher if you can go to the bathroom. Instead, go to your locker and pack your bag. Wait there for me, okay?" I said, softly but sternly. "I know you're confused, but we have to go to Jake, something has happened."

⠀⠀⠀She nodded once, before kissing me on the cheek and standing up. "How're we going to leave?" Luke asked.

⠀⠀⠀"Wait 30 seconds and then just go. I'm going to go get my car out the front." Ashton explained before standing up and leaving the room when the teacher began to write out some solutions on the whiteboard. I nodded for Luke to follow me, and I made sure my phone was in my pocket as we stood up and ran out of the room after Ashton.

⠀⠀⠀Annie was where I told her to be, and I sighed out of relief before grabbing her hand and pulling her along with us. Once we were in the car I still held onto her hand because she was nervous and frightened, but I didn't blame her since Ashton was driving 100 kilometres in an 80KM zone. "Cal, what's going on?" she asked me quietly.

⠀⠀⠀I frowned before saying, "The Monguri are in town. You remember a few months ago I told you about them?" she nodded. "Yeah, well, they're here. Might be a mix up or something, but they possibly know about you."

⠀⠀⠀"Cal, babe, you said that they kill humans who know about the supernatural. I know more than just you being supernatural, I've been involved with everything, oh my God," she fretted. I put my arm around her and pulled her body into mine.

⠀⠀⠀"It's okay, really, they aren't going to bloody touch you," I seethed. The fact that Annie thought I would let the Monguri touch her, even look at her, it made me angry. And I was scared, maybe she didn't trust me. "Ashton, stop at Annie's house. I'm not taking her." I demanded.

⠀⠀⠀"Jake said to bring her, the Monguri will get even more mad if we don't. They do know about her, Calum." Luke argued. It was the first time he ever sided against me, and I was so surprised I decided not to argue back.

⠀⠀⠀"You're talking about me like I'm some item..." Annie mumbled and I laughed breathily.

⠀⠀⠀In no time we were at the clearing near our house. Jake and Liz were waiting there for us, with Michael too. They had rushed over to the car, and Liz hugged Annie as if she was her own daughter. Ashton drove the car back to the house, he still lived there with Jake and Liz.

⠀⠀⠀Annie had come back to me, and I held my arms around her tightly and securely. "Are you guys finally a couple?" Liz asked.

⠀⠀⠀I turned my head to glare at her before nodding stiffly. Michael threw me a black crew neck and he pointed to Annie. I handed it to her to put on and she instantly made cute little sweater-paws and hugged up beside me. Her emotions were going crazy, and it was making me crazy. Scared, anxious, frightened, scared, frightened, anxious. "They won't hurt you." I said in her ear.

⠀⠀⠀She shook her head before replying, "I'm worried about you and your family."

⠀⠀⠀I took a deep breath before nodding and standing straight. Looking around, I met the gaze of Jake and he raised his eyebrows to say hello. His emotion was surprised and I had a pretty good theory of what he was surprised about. I didn't respond, I turned my head forward as soon as I heard more footsteps.

⠀⠀⠀Annie looked up at me suddenly, she must have seen the white and red cloaks coming this way. I gently kissed her forehead and whispered, "I love you," before turning straight again.

⠀⠀⠀They were then in front of us. The Monguri were genuinely nice people, but if you got on their bad side, it wasn't a pretty sight to deal with. Unfortunately, we had gotten on their bad side. You could tell by the way they all looked at us. There was only five of them, the Headmaster didn't come and I wasn't surprised. There was Carlos, he was the one who had the crazy power and obviously saw Annie in my life. Headmaster's messenger guy, Lyen was there, too. He was technically the head guy and usually he wasn't as scary as he was now. I didn't pay attention to the others, they didn't matter.

⠀⠀⠀"Jake, always a pleasure seeing you and your family." Lyen spoke. He sounded different but I didn't care.

⠀⠀⠀"Pleasure is all mine, Lyen." Jake responded, sounding formal and tough.

⠀⠀⠀Lyen's eyes trailed around the group, "...Liz, Michael...Ashton, Luke, Calum...and a human..?" He sounded surprised but we all knew he wasn't.

⠀⠀⠀"She's with me," I said, glaring at him.

⠀⠀⠀"Oh.." Lyen mused, "I realised that, Calum. Jake, I'm surprised you out of everyone allowed a half-human to know about us. Especially to be in love with a supernatural. Don't you know what happened to the others?"

⠀⠀⠀"Well, it was tough but seeing their..love and strength together as a couple...I couldn't be the one to break my son away from his love." Jake answered. I tore my glare away from Lyen and looked at Jake softly. He cracked a small smile and I knew it was directed at me.

⠀⠀⠀"Love? You think a supernatural can fall in love with a human?!" Lyen cracked a laugh. "You must be out of your mind, Jake! He's only a young eighteen year old boy, how can he even know what love is!"

⠀⠀⠀"She has some supernatural power. It's only minor. It works on us all." Luke had replied after a few seconds of silence.

⠀⠀⠀"I don't believe it, but, what better than to test the theory. What's her power?" He used quotation marks beside the word 'power'.

⠀⠀⠀"When we get angry, she touches any part of our body with any part of hers, and then she calms us. Stops us from exposing our kind." I explained to him.

⠀⠀⠀"Well, let's test that. Your name is Annie, yes?" Lyen then looked at Annie and she looked up at me. I nodded, telling her to step forward a bit.

⠀⠀⠀"Yes." Annie replied.

⠀⠀⠀"Who do you choose to test your so claimed power?"

⠀⠀⠀She turned back to face me and I nodded once again. "Calum." I stepped forward next to her and intertwined my hand in hers.

⠀⠀⠀"Of course you do," Lyen had muttered under his breath. "Calum," he spoke louder, "come here." I walked toward Lyen and he had began to take off his coat and after he handed it to Carlos, he held his hands behind his back and walked around in a small ellipse in front of me. "You really think that you can fall in love with some idiotic human?" I felt Annie standing next to me, and she had lifted a small bit of my shirt up at my back and rested her hand there.

⠀⠀⠀"This ridiculous Annie girl, she's not even pretty. I thought you had better taste then that, Mr. Hood." I knew that if she wasn't with me I may have ripped his head off by now. "Liz, darling, take the girl." Lyen said, and then she wasn't beside me and her small but effective touch was gone.

⠀⠀⠀"She's the best thing for me, Lyen." I said through gritted teeth.

⠀⠀⠀"No, she's probably the most unrealistic and most ridiculous thing to happen to you, Calum."

⠀⠀⠀And then I was reaching for his throat.