Epilogue

A/N: Final chapter WOOP WOOP
-----------------------------------------------------------

England sat in his bed unable to rest for the past few days. He had been plagued with strange dreams since hanging out with America last week.

His dreams consisted of water and fish tails, particularly a red, white, and blue one, some had blood being spilled into the ocean and others had a face that had blue eyes and golden blond hair.

Somedays the figure would weep over a body that looked strangely like Arthur's, and somedays he could almost feel the golden locks. Somedays he felt like he was in the ocean, and somedays he saw a black figure that reminded him of Japan.

He didn't know why he was having these vivid dreams, and why the figures looked so much like him, America, Japan, and Canadia.

He was about to knock himself out before his phone rung the American anthem. Sighing he picked up the phone and answered.

"Hello?" He rasped out, cringing at the sound of his voice.

"Uh hey dude. So I've been having these like, weirdly vivid dreams and I don't know why. Like sometimes I feel like I'm submerged in water but not like a drowning way dude, and sometimes I see your face, or something similar to your face. Eyebrows and all. And sometimes I see Kiku and feel like this wave of emotion hitting me right in the face."
America took a dramatically deep breath and continued.

"And then like sometimes I feel like really sad and shit and I'm holding a dead body that looks like you, and like I'm on a rock. And sometimes I see like this mermaid tail behind me, I don't know what that's all about, OH and I see Mattie too and he's hanging out with Prussia sometimes-"

"Alfred I need for you to shut up. I've been having similar dreams. Mostly me seeing you down in water, well...someone like you. Sometimes I feel submerged underwater in a drowning way and I even felt a knife to my neck. I saw you and your brother in my dreams and I saw Japan too. Wait I'm coming over right now."
Arthur said getting up from his bed and walking over to the door.

"Oh no need." Arthur heard three knocks at his front door.

"I've been sitting in your driveway for an hour. Mostly cause I was bored enough to do so." Alfred said hanging up the phone. Arthur sighed and walked over to the door, opening it and letting Alfred inside.

"Wow, you look like shit." Alfred commented.

"So do you Alfred." Arthur said, grumply taking a seat and motioning for Alfred to do so too.

"So about our dreams, maybe it had something to do with us specifically? My dreams started when I saw you last week at the meeting." Arthur said, really wanting to sleep.

Alfred yawned. "Yeah mine too. And it has other nations that we had talked too and are allies with. So it definitely has something to do with us."

"We were using human names in my dream. Never once using country names so we were human in our dreams."

"The amount of times we have said the word dream makes me want to jump out a window. Did you see anybody else since you were the human in our weird experience?"

"Yes. I saw France, Romania, Norway, and my brothers. What about you?"

"Prussia and that's about it as far as I can remember." America said leaning back into his chair.

"We're getting nowhere aren't we?" Arthur sighed.

"Yep." Alfred said popping the P. The two looked into eachothers eyes for a brief moment before stiffening. Memories flashed at the speed of light between. Good memories, bad memories, but most importantly, memories of the ocean, of humans, of rocks and knives, and fish tails...

Alfred specifically had the fish tail and was swimming up to the surface as fast as he could, smiling all the while. He popped his head out of the water.

"Good morning Arthur!" He said putting his head underneath Arthur's arm, the man curling his fingers into Alfred's hair.

"Good morning love." Arthur said affectionately, making Alfred blush a faint pink.

The two started to converse normally, like this was an everyday occurence, soon it was night time and Alfred reached over the boat to peck Arthur lightly on the lips, before diving back into the water, leaving the brit flushed red from ear to ear. The brit layed down and soon fell asleep.

A new figure showed up. Not Alfred this time, with a knife positioned at Arthur's throat. The man stabbed him, dragging him to a nearby rock and leaving the knife by Arthur.

Before he could dive down a new figure appeared, obliviously Matthew. Matthew grabbed the knife and stabbed Kiku, leaving the man limp in his grasp. Alfred was seen mourning, and a shark came up behind Alfred and Matthew, dragging them down under the surface.

Alfred and Arthur jolted upright, staring at eachother in shock.
"..you did just see what I saw right?" Alfred was the first to break the 10 second long silence.

"Yes. Yes I did." Arthur said. He was just frozen. In another life, he had...loved Alfred? Alfred used to be a mermaid? He just watcher himself get killed by Japan and Japan getting killed by Canada and Canada and America getting killed by a shark.

It was really hard to take in.

"Was I really a mermaid in another life? And did I kiss you on the lips and then you died and then Kiku died and then Mattie and me died?" Alfred whispered. Arthur nodded slowly.

"It would appear so." Arthur said, flushing slightly. "You kissed me."
Alfred blushed from ear tip to ear tip and bit in between his thumb and pointer embarrassingly.

"Yep..." Alfred mumbled out looking away from Arthur. Arthur felt his heart flutter from the sight.
'Cute..'

Arthur didn't know what was happening when suddenly an unknown force was pushing him closer to Alfred. Their shoulders brushed and Alfred and Arthur blushed.

Arthur didn't know what sort of power took over him but he turned Alfred's face towards his.

"Wait what are you-" Alfred was cut off by a pair of lips on his. Arthur didn't know what made him do what he did at the time, but he be an idiot to say that it didn't feel good.

Arthur felt a pair of arms around his neck. The brit wrapped his arms around Alfred's waist. England deepened the kiss further, sticking his tongue in Alfred's mouth, causing for him to softly groan. They unfortunately had to let go of eachother so they could breath properly, a string of saliva connecting them.

Both their faces flushed red and their eyes seemed to glow in the somewhat dim lighting. Arthur couldn't help but smile at the American's flushed face and brought Alfred into a strong hug.

Alfred hugged back, just as strongly. They didn't say anything to eachother. They just sat there in an embrace. It was calming and had a sweet air to it.

Finally they pulled away from eachother, smiles wider than before and a few stray tears fell from their eyes.

"Arthur..." America said softly but England shushed him.

"I love you too..." Arthur said before cupping Alfred's face and kissing him again lightly.

It was warm and sweet. Enough to make the two pass out from exhaustion. They layed there in eachothers embrace.

No more dreams of mermaids, no more bloodshed, no more drama. Just love and eachother. And that's all they needed.

~End~

-----------------------------------------------------------

And finally the end to Mermaids Of Summer. Thank you all so much for reading, I really appreciate it. This was my first completed hetalia story and just...thank you. Good night my darlings and see ya back in my oneshot book.