CHAPTER TWO

jhene.

it's been about a week since i became friends with lisa , and i already knew i could trust her.

i was at her house for a sleep over. we sat in her room silently , as she was on her phone and i watched netflix on her tv.

"lisa."

"hm?" she absentmindedly answered me.

"would you believe me if i said.." i started then paused. how could i explain this to her? how do i know she wasn't set to destroy my plan? would she tell if i told her this ? so many things were running through my mind, i just didn't know what to do.

"said?" she slightly egged on as i looked at her. i opened my mouth to speak as the words ceased to come out.

"said what? you're gay? cause bitch me too." she joked around. i laughed a little and shook my head.

"no , not that." i said letting my accent come out. she became confused as i stood up off the bed.

"see , i'm not who you think i am." i explained. by now she was at full attention.

"what do you mean? bitch are you a guy?"

"no , i'm from england and i got into some trouble, now i'm here trying to live a better life."

"you're joking right?" she asked.

"um, no.." i said as i leaned against a wall "it may sound like one , but it's not. my brother died from this situation and it's all my fault." i mourned as i went back to that night.

[ flashback ]

i ran in the house as bullets nearly missed me.

i pulled out my phone and called my dad as tears cane strolling down my face as i pressed the lock down button.

"hello ?"

"code red, gio is down , bloody code red !" i screamed.

"go into lock down. the guns are in the white room , the code is your birthday." he explained as i quickly but quietly made my wat downstairs to see men loading their bags with our guns.

"we've been breached, they're in the white room."

"oh god, i knew this day would come. execute exit protocol."

i began to creep back up the stairs as i heard one of them shout.

"she's in the house , find her and let's roll."

i placed my phone in my back pocket as i crept through the emergency exit.

i lifted the phone to my ear as i soon had a gun pointed in my face.

i closed my eyes as a gunshot went off and i realized i didn't get shot. i opened my eyes and seen my dad in front of me.

"dad." i said as the tears flooded down my face one more time. he hugged me as i silently cried into his chest.

[flashback over]

"and yeah. that's how it happened."

"wow, that's actually crazy." she said astounded.

"yeah. but i need help with my speech."

"oh girl i got you ! id be happy to help." she said as she opened her arms.

"um , i don't do hugs." i scrunched my nose up.

"please?"

"fine." i said and slowly gave her a hug, she squeezed me tight as i closed my eyes and smiled softly.

that was two years ago. now its march and i'm a seinor, everthing was smooth sailing.

lisa and i practiced for two summers until my accent was completely gone. it's gotten so good , that i can switch it when i'm talking to my mom.

my mom actually loves lisa, she thinks shes similar to me, but i dont see it.

i've maintained my cover identity so much that i was jhene with genesis's skills.

i've dated around but never found a real boyfriend, these guys just don't interest me.

but outside of that, i've been the perfect child. great grades, athletic, perfect attendance, great behavior.

i was actually in competition with some one to graduate valedictorian.

life was.. good.

"nene bitch look." lisa said knocking me out of my thoughts.

i looked to where she was pointing, to see some cute boy. he was tall and had black loose curls. he looked hispanic/mixed.

"that's jordan. he's the finest nigga on our basketball team."

"doesn't your non existent brother play sports?"

"bitch how many times do i have to tell you, he is real and he's away. he's with out dad."

"right. you know you've heard all about my family , but you never told me about yours."

"are you staying the night?"

i checked my phone and nodded.

"good , cause it's a looooong story."
____________________________________

hola babies , y'all ready?

cause its finna get wild 🤠

vote and comment 💘