CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

keith.

it's been two almost three months since i started dating jhene. it's been so great , i totally forgot about the whole plan. honestly i don't even see why i was mad.

we we're hanging out with the guys as she laid her head on my shoulder.

"so wait how long have you two been dating again?" luke asked.

"about 2 months , this saturday is three." jhene proudly explained, i smiled and rubbed her back.

"ouuuuuu, my boy is in loooove." bryshere teased. i flicked him off as jhene snuggled into me. i honestly could get used to this. that warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach and the butterflies that bounce around in there.

she got me acting so different. like i even do volunteer work with her, i've never done any kind of volunteer work ever, not even when the courts had said to. she just got me feeling different and acting different.

"keith, a word."  i heard algee say as i gave jhene a kiss and stood up.

"oooooh." i heard from luke and bryshere as i flicked them off walking back into the house.

"when are you gonna end this ?" he asked. i rolled my eyes. here he go, he's more invested than i am.

"i don't think i am and why are you even worried about it? ever since we been back from spring break you just been hounding me about it. you like her or something?" i replied in annoyance.

"fuck no and you said it yourself! you never leave a plan un done. don't tell me you're falling in love with that bitch."

"aye man , watch your mouth about her. don't ever speak on my girl like that , i'll kill you , you get me?"

the door slid open as i looked to see it was jhene.

"what's going on here guys?"

"algee was just talking about a party we were invited to." i explained.

"whatever man, do what you want, i don't care." he said and walked away.

"good , you shouldn't." i said back. i took a deep breath and turned towards jhene. she gave me a soft smile.

"what was it that you needed?"

"well my aunt and uncle just invited us on a yacht trip later on tonight and i just wanted to know if you were free."

"baby you know i'm always free for you."

"i know , but i really did wanna see if you were free."

"well my honey i am."

"good , i'll pick you up at 8. now i have to go run a few errands but if you wanna come with me you definitely can , but if you wanna stay i can understand."

"nah i'm coming."

"great , i already said my goodbyes." she said grabbing her purse. i told the guys goodbye as i jogged out to her convertible.

i hopped in as she started it and sped off.

later that night..

the table stood quietly as all the adults kept their eyes off me. their children kept their eyes averted as well.

"jhene." i mumbled as she looked up at me in response.

"incase you havent noticed , i'm kinda unwelcomed here."

"no honey , you're so welcomed, they just.." she sighed a bit. i shook my head.

"jhene look at me. i'm sticking out like a sore thumb. i don't belong here and you know it."

"keith stop it. okay? you are my guest and you are welcomed anywhere i go." she started as i looked off. she grabbed my face and made me look at her.

"i love you , okay?" she smiled. i smiled back as i gently pulled her closer to me.

"no honey, i love you." i said back. i looked around as heads started to turn, they started whispering as i suddenly felt the urge to pee.

"hey babe , i'll be right back." i whispered. she nodded as i let her go and walked off.

i finally got to the bathroom as i did my business and washed my hands. the door opened a group of white guys walked in staring me down.

"oh ho lookie here. it's the guy that's with jhene."

"yeah so?" i answered. they started to corner me as i pulled my gun from the back of my pants and loaded it.

"don't walk up unless you ready to die youngin." i growled as the rest of them held their hands up and backed up.

"do you know who i am?" he walked up again. i hit him with the butt of my gun as he dropped to the ground.

they all became scared as i reached in his pocket and took his wallet. i placed it inside my jacket pocket as i bucked at the rest of them and walked out the bathroom. i placed my gun away as i walked back out to jhene.

"hey what took you so long ?" she asked. i shook my head as i gently kissed her forehead. the boys came out with the dude i knocked out.

"it was him!" he quickly said as everyone turned to jhene and i.

"you! you hurt my boy?!" some guy said. he briskly walked over as jhene stepped in front of me.

"keith was protecting himself." she spoke as he looked down at her.

"it doesn't matter! you should've never brought that thug onto the boat!"

"the only thug is your son! and even then he's a wannabe!" she spat back.

"how dare you! why i'd oughta!" he said he raised his hand at her. in one swift motion she two pieced him in his face.

her aunt and uncle rushed over as he slowly started to get up.

"why you little-" he charged at her as i pulled out my gun and shot him in his arm.

everyone started screaming whilst running around. he held his arm as the captain pulled up to shore. the police pulled up to the dock as they pulled out their guns and got onto the boat.

a cop cuffed me as i sighed a bit. the chief pulled up as he stepped out of his car. i seen who it was and it was my uncle as i sighed in relief.

"let him go." he said as walked over.

"okay. what happened?" he asked me.

"officer arrest him! he shot me!" the white guy screamed as he turned a tomato red.

"why you shoot him keith?"

"cause he tried to hit my girl." i explained. he waved the cop behind me off as i became uncuffed .

"well i gotta take you to the station to make a statement and jhene too, but you don't gotta go in cuffs so come on."

"wait." i said as i walked over to jhene and seen her in tears. she seen me and sprang into my arms.

"are they arresting you?" she frantically asked. i shook my head i nodded at her aunt as she let her go.

"come on, we gotta go make a statement." i said to her. i was taking her off the boat as he uncle was talking to the guy that i shot and a police officer.

"coon." i mumbled to myself.
_________________________________

yo yo yoooo 🦋

a double update? kinda peculiar, but you love it 🦋

vote and comment .