When you ask him out

Saiki Kusuo ✨
------🌸
You sighed in annoyance.

This assignment was unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable. You didn't know where to even begin, everything made so much sense, but everything seemed to be so damn hard.

Your teacher didn't give you more information on what to do, she just smiled and said you will know. Which, didn't help at all and was just boarder line confusing.

Yesterday afternoon you told Kusuo to wait for you at the gate while you went to ask your teacher about the assessment. She gave you no information on how to do this, or how to document everything. She just, smiled. Smiled?? And said you will know. When you left you held the most puzzling look Kusuo has ever seen.

And it sucked for him because he couldn't access your mind, your mind was just - blank. It seemed. Which is definitely reasonable for right now, the look you held would explain why your mind is blank.

But even so, Kusuo wanted to know what was troubling you. So he asked, to which he got no response, assuming you didn't hear him he asked again. To which you just stared at him, before asking if he is alright.

Kusuo being the desperate boy he is at the very moment, wasn't going to let it go until he got an answer from you.

-----
He let it go. Five minutes later, the two of you standing around still in the school's front yard. Everyone has left already and Kusuo was questioning himself why he isn't at home watching his favourite shows, or eating coffee jelly.

While you were still thinking what to do about the assessment, until it all came crashing together. Being the little munchkin you are, being the innocent little girl you are, were going to ask Kusuo. On a friendly date, at Café Mami. It's where the two of you love to hang out, and it's where both of you love to eat. You will gain a lot of emotions from Kusuo, you're sure of it.

Although very doubtful. Considering Kusuo always holds blank faces and always seems to be unimpressed by absolutely everything around him. It looks like he very much hates his life and he doesn't even want to be around you. But, that's something you really admire about your best friend.

Or so, you think he is.

"Hey Kusuo. Want to go to Café Mami?." You asked randomly, or so it was to him. Saiki looked at you for a few minutes, thinking whether it is a good idea or not. But because he just realised he has no coffee jelly at home, he decided yes.

-----
"Emm.. I really love it here. It brings good vibes." You say, carefully drinking your hot chocolate.

(Or some other drink).

Saiki nodded, completely agreeing with you. Sure it wasn't as pleasant some days, from either slow business or snobby customers. But those other times, it was perfectly splendid.

The both of would would agree.

"Are you going to order now? I know you want coffee jelly." You smile up at your friend.

Kusuo looked down at the menu. He hasn't ordered anything yet because he was thinking just how much coffee jelly he could buy at the store, and how many he can buy here. It was a difficult decision.

For him at least.

You waited patiently for him and never left, you both have been sitting in the Café for 15 minutes. You ordered a hot chocolate, while Kusuo just stared at his menu.

"I could buy you one, if that's what's concerning you. Money, it's really no problem." You said, taking another sip.

Kusuo shook his head.