Pulling another paint ball from my pocket, I threw it even harder at him only to succeed in missing again.

"Mare," he smiled, "Come out, come out where ever you are."

I rounded the corner as he seemingly stalked a tree. I took my chance and made it out into the clearing just as he was stepping into the forest's edge. I let my boots be visible long enough for hopefully Clair to see me.

I heard a shot and Clair fired into the air changing Alaric's course. Alaric stepped out of the trees still not noticing me. I was doing better then I anticipated. 

I only had one paint ball left and I was looking forward to having a chance to use it. Pulling it from my pocket, I pulled my wrist back for the last time, and threw it as hard as I could. It hit Alaric dead in the chest.

He recoiled from it and reached up to the now sore spot on his chest. His fingers gained blue paint as he looked up.

"Oh sneaky," he snarled.

"One point for the girls, and still zero for Alaric," Elijah called from the deck.

A shot rang from the trees and a green splatter landed on Alaric's arm.

"Make that two!" Elijah said laughing even harder.

Alaric ducked down and pulled a hand full of dirt out of the ground and threw it at me. It clung to my clothes and he raised his gun to fire.

A surge of pain ignited on my stomach as a red ball splattered there. In my pain my body came back into visibility and I looked up to see Alaric's malicious grin.

"Gotcha," he said raising his gun again but before he could fire I took off like a shot. I made it into the opposite end of the clearing in less then a second and I quickly pulled water from the air to put myself out.

Alaric's red paint ball stained the grass from where I was just a second before.

Another shot went off and Alaric ducked just in time to get missed by Clair's green ball. Alaric reloaded and fired into the tree line at Clair, and I hoped he had missed her.

I needed to get the attention off Clair. Alaric stalked her end of the clearing and I stepped out of the trees. I rolled a fireball in my hands and threw it straight for Alaric's head.

It successfully pegged him in the skull and he turned firing a shot at me. He missed the first time but fired right after while I was rolling away onto the ground. I wasn't fast enough but my scales were.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and grinned. Alaric glared and I heard Clair yell for joy from the tree line.

Alaric raised his gun again preparing to shoot. I couldn't get hit again. 

I sprinted around out of the way, blended my body quickly and kept running to a different area of the clearing. I heard Alaric mumble 'shit' under his breath, as he once again hit nothing but grass.

Putting all my energy into it I worked on starting a fire opposite from Clair's side of the clearing and soon a small flame flickered in the trees.

Alaric walked towards it like the moth he was.

Clair stepped out of the clearing and threw me my gun. Making myself visible I caught it and we ran up behind Alaric.

He heard us though and spun shooting straight for us. Both of us dove out of the way and rolled to a new standing position. Alaric quickly shot again successfully hitting Clair in a blue patch of scales on her ribs. I smiled knowing she had figured out how to move them.