Missing you - Traves

Absolute angst, will alittle fluff

Warnings?: Traves is crying, Long distance relationships.
Gender Neutral reader :D!!!
————————

"I don't want you to go." He said, and for the first time. He sounded soft, filled with love and joy, and yet so scared that that the warmth from their body would leave his grasp. They didn't say anything, but held a soft smile.
Staring at him, "did I ever tell you how lovely your eyes are?" They say, their hands holding his face. And soon his lips begin to tremble, he tries to bite back the tears but nothing seems to work.

"I don't want you to go." He says, and they nod. Knowing fully well, their eyes glistening against the bright lights. The loud sounds of flight names and air planes getting ready to soar into the air, rang into both of their ears.
"I know, Traves. I know."

Hearing them say his name just wanted to make him cry more. "No, it wasn't enough time. I didn't get to see long enough, this is so unfair." He says, he's almost choking on his tears. Y/n soon pulls him close, and Traves hugs even tighter. Thinking of every way and grabbing every excuse for them not to leave. He's so inlove with them, and it hurts that they live 2,000 miles away.

The boys love hanging out with them.

Every phone call they have with his family is an absolute blast.

They're funny, they're kind. They're selfess.
It was unreal, something out of a dream. Sometimes Traves has to pinch himself, thinking he's stuck in his head. Loving someone so beautiful, and them loving him back. Jeez! He has to be stuck in another day dream.

But maybe it was a dream, because he couldn't keep them. They had another life in a different state, and soon Traves would have to go back to real life. Staying up with them, on 3 hour calls. Wishing that he could just sleep with them, hugging him again. But he can't, oh how cruel this world is.

A month, the most beautiful month that Traves has ever had. They had stayed with him for a month.

He woke up every morning holding them, their soft snores and soft murmurs filling the almost quiet room.
He'd walk out of his room, the smell of blueberry pancakes roamed the hallways. Whilst you hummed to music, talking to Cooper and Noah. Sometimes he'd even see you cleaning, or making something cute for him.

He left the house almost every afternoon, feeling the sun on his pale skin. Hearing you giggle when you raised your arms, almost touching the sky, and smiling at the sunlight. Traves swore to the heavens that he could stare at you forever.

And every night for a month, they talked about the stars as they laid down on the pavement. Occasionally it was Cooper, and maybe Noah. But most of time, it was just them.

"You know darling, I told the stars about you." Y/n says, looking at the stars with big eyes. There were barely any street lights, making the stars and moon nature's night light.

Traves giggled, "oh yea? What did they say, Y/n?" He asks, and Y/n turns to look at him. A sparkle in their eyes that Traves couldn't quite identify, but god. It was beautiful.

"They said, as long as we're together, the stars will shine, just for us." They say quietly, looking at them with softened eyes. Traves stares back in the same relaxed manner, before pulling in to give them a soft kiss.
"As long as we're together?"

"As long as we're together, the stars will shine just for us."

And now they were leaving, and Traves couldn't handle it. "I didnt have enough time with you." He says, crying still. The tears wouldn't stop falling, he didn't want them to leave. It wouldn't feel the same, it won't until they come back. What if they never come back? Were they happy they came here? Would they want to stay here?
What if they didn't like Cali?

The thoughts soon stop when a warm hands touches his cheek, cupping his face softly, wiping away the tears.

"No matter how long it would've been, it will never be enough." They says, their cheeks stained of dry tears.
"I promise, when I graduate, I'll move here. I don't think can I stay away from you that long." They say giggling, and Traves laughs back through his tears.
"I absolutely loved it here, meeting Cooper and Noah. Talking to Carson and Schlatt, playing with your cat for 2 hours. And lastly, finally being able to kiss your pretty face, and hug you."
They says softly, and Traves nods. Sniffling and Hiccuping like a baby who dropped their icecream. But he nods. And laughs.
"Don't cry, darling. I'm always a phone call away, and I promise. I will call you when I land." Y/n says, and finally their name was called. Traves tries not to cry even more.

"I love you to the moon and back." They say, peppering pecks all over his face. And quickly leaving, walking to board the plane. And Traves watched until they disappeared into the bright white tunnel.

And he only bites his lip back. Trying not cry, he's never felt this pain before and he wishes it could vanish. But he knows exactly what that feeling is and it won't go away till he hears your voice.

He misses you.